I finally caught "Zilla{@}

I had always dreamed of owning "Zilla.com" but it's priced just a bit (READ:"WAY") out of my range :)

Zilla.com Search Engine / Portal US$ 770,000 http://www.listzilla.com/

That's why I was excited to be able to secure:
Zilla.biz a few days ago and had to share my joy. biz is not my favorite TLD either but I do think it will catch on one day in the near future.

Comments

• ZZ Formerly ''Piet'' NAT Warrior
    won't that get you into trouble?
    i mean like trademark, its a nice name tho.
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Not if the site is based on something completely different from my understanding :)
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    oke, i always believed it had trademark problems.
  • GOBGOB Beginer NAT Warrior
    I've seen some businesses using .biz. So it's getting more popular.
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    piet wrote: »
    oke, i always believed it had trademark problems.

Not far from the facts Piet. The "Zilla" domains used to get people in trouble with Toho, the owner of the mark for Godzilla. Toho went after the blogger, Davezilla.com in a famous case and then went after Sear's Bagzilla. They lost against Sears. Against Davezilla, there was such a public outcry against Toho that they backed down and let Davezilla.com keep his domain. Also, now that there are thousands of "zilla" sites on the internet, Toho has given up and thrown in the towel.
    thats realy cool for you.
    so you have a realy good name without problems.lol
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    good for you man - .biz is not bad actually. did you have to pay a lot for it?
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    daboss wrote: »
    good for you man - .biz is not bad actually. did you have to pay a lot for it?

Thanks guys/gals. I caught it as it was dropping (who would let it go? Maybe they died?) so it was only $60

Speaking of people dying and letting their doamins drop,
    BusinessForums.com just droped the other day and went for thousands of dollars. What is wrong with these people to let their valuable domains drop like that? I'd be kicking myself!
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Also, Toho wouldn't really have much luck taking on the likes of Mozilla and generally, it's just a pointless attempt at making money if they square up against anyone using 'zilla' in their domain name since it's not detracting from them and those sites aren't really leeching users from Toho as people looking for Godzilla will generally search for Godzilla, not just Zilla.
    Zilla in domain names such as mozilla was actually a stylised way of writing "s iller", which came about because of the Open Sourcing and improving of AOL's Netscape \ Mosaic rendering engine which was known as Mosaic Killer or Mozaic Killa if you use the styling in the full name.
    Other sites liked it and the popularity of Mozilla, so they did the usual bandwagon trick and ended up with a bagillion <FOO>zilla.TLD sites.

Sites and products such as Filezilla and Bugzilla have been around for years.

Also, on that site you linked to, there's some pretty good URL's such as scriptzilla.com and statzilla.com, but then there's utterly rubbish ones like webmarketingzilla.com, webpromotezilla.com and zillaezinenetwork.com that nobody with any real taste or knowledge of domains would buy... Especially at $37,500!
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    Thanks guys/gals. I caught it as it was dropping (who would let it go? Maybe they died?) so it was only $60

Speaking of people dying and letting their doamins drop,
    BusinessForums.com just droped the other day and went for thousands of dollars. What is wrong with these people to let their valuable domains drop like that? I'd be kicking myself!

if you find a domain like that pm me please:eek: