Really Good Domain Name For Sale!

WatchOutWatchOut Advanced UserVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Hello Guys'n Girls!

I'm currently selling my best domain, it's an 4 letter domain, really expensive!
It expires 2007-10-29 so it's from now exactly one year left. The domain can be combinated by different websites, you can use it for anything. Good for companies, and it brings you a lot of hits!
Well, i'm going to start an auction, the highest bid i get, i'll give it to him or her! Please avoid bad bids, be serious!

Domain : http://www.lwky.com

Leapfish Estimated Domain Value: $ 8,792

Payment: Payments are made through Paypal !

Regards, WatchOut
Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com

Comments

• JohnJohn Junior Member NAT Warrior
    What type of site did you have on it? All I see at the moment is some advertising site... If you have the original site instead of that it might just bring some more interest...
    [+] JSlane Designs
    [+] JSlane Hosts
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    WatchOut wrote: »
    It's an pagerank 4 domain

Hmmm...recheck that page rank someone. It is a nice domain indeed but I'm showing a pagerank of "0".
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Does it not register with people that the reason for these 4 letter domain names being available is that they aren't overly useful?
    A domain should be:
    Descriptive (www.google.com, www.ebay.com)
    Memorable (http://script.aculo.us, http://blo.gs)
    Short enough (not www.my_fantastic_internet_web_site.co.jp)

The domain you're offering (one from the promo WP is running) is none of the above really.
    Typing in a random set of letters is just that, random letters, not an URL people will actually remember and use without having to search for it all the time through Google.

If Google's "who links to you" search is anything to go by, there's no links to that URL that it can find, and since PageRank is dependant on Google's site index, chances are that you probably haven't got a PR4 domain name there.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    While I'm not going out and buying all the 4 letter ".com's" myself, in '01 there were many available 3 letter ".com's".
    I considered buying a bunch and didn't because, at the time, they weren't worth much more than reg fee.

Now that all of the 3 letter ".com's" are gone, you can get at least $1500 if not more for ANY 3 letter ".com". You can sell them and get your money in one day as there are forums where you can post them and they are gone within a day.

While the 4 letter ".com's" will never be worth as much as the 3 letter ".com's", I believe they will go up in value fast as soon as they're gone (they really are 87% all gone right now, that's a real figure, not an estimate). While all risks are just that, risky, I think 4 letter ".com's" is one of the safest risks out there.
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Hmm DeluxeNames in http://www.checkpagerank.com/ i get Pagerank 4, well i edited my Domain text above!

Well, i never used it for any kind of website, but before i used it was an Asian website!
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    3 letter domain names are commonly used to offer services such as URL redirection.
    An address such as site.omg.us often looks much better than something like site.somelamehoster.com or lamehoster.com/users/site/index.html, so people set up services which bounce you from a sub domain that they have set up such as bobblog.exl.com to your actual site via a sneaky set of frames.
    If the service provider is good enough at catching domains, they'd get one which they could pass off as an actual domain extension as people are used to extensions like .co.jp, .co.uk and .org.uk.
    The best example of this though is dot.tk, which gives you the ability to use a similar service, but through a real domain (you.tk).
    While it only redirects like other services, the option is there to actually purchase the domain name so that you can use it like any other .com, .net or .org since .tk is an actual regional TLD (Tokelau).
    Yahoo! also has one of the better 3 letter domain hacks as they own blo.gs.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    Wow nice post Nuvo!
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    Oh my, you got that URL from WP itself, right?

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]

Yeah, i got it here, and i'm really thankful for the opportunity, Webmaster has given me. It's my best domain i ever had.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • ConstanceConstance Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Well that's cool...but it's page rank is 0...:( little discouraging.
  • AndrewGAndrewG Beginner Link Clerk
    I wish I had a domain worth that much.