Starbucks coffee leave a bitter taste?

MGDesignsMGDesigns AdminVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
http://www.okpatents.com/phosita/archives/2006/10/starbucks_v_starpreya_the_brandedbeverage_battle.html
I don't see an infringment but in my opinion Starbucks are and always have been money hungry
A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
-
ModGirl Design
My ArtWanted Portfolio
Renderosity Gallery

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    You know, despite the fact that in Leeds, there's a Starbucks and a smaller one (I think it's starbucks anyway) directly over the road in a book shop, I've never actually been in, nor have I ever tried any of their products.
    I've always called in at Cafe Nero instead as they have much smaller and friendlier looking places.
    They also do some pretty nice snacks and since I'm not exactly a coffee drinker (I do like real coffee and chocolate coated coffee beans*, just not any other kind), it's somewhat handy that they don't just serve coffee.
    I have my own cofee machine at home, but it's hardly ever used and when it is, I tend to do silly things like putting 8 shots of espresso into one cup, which makes you go a little insane for a while.

I kind of cut out coffee a few years ago after I stopped working with my brotherinlaw on weekends since the taste of the coffee he used started making me feel ill (Nescafe).
    Now I just drink smoothies and pure apple juice (This stuff, owned by PepsiCo after they bought Tropicana).

*If you think that is a little odd, you just have to try these.
    They taste of coffee (duh) but have the sweetness from the chocolate and make you stay awake for ages since you're basically eating undiluted coffee :D
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Scary site - http://www.coffeefool.com/

be warned: slightly disturbing...

well thats what they say, i found it some lame ass advertising campaign, so i thought I'd share it :D
    ban1.gif
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    LOL danielneri, yeah it's really disturbing lol.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    MGDesigns wrote: »
    http://www.okpatents.com/phosita/archives/2006/10/starbucks_v_starpreya_the_brandedbeverage_battle.html
    I don't see an infringment but in my opinion Starbucks are and always have been money hungry

I have to respectfully disagree, I think the logo is infringing:
    1) Very similar color scheme (identical shape and green and black colors)
    2) Same use of stars on the boarders
    4) both use "star" to start their name
    5) Btoh have long haired women as their centrpiece
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Don't know but the logo is pretty cool, in my opinion.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • fiona2412fiona2412 Member NAT Warrior
    I love starbucks.........it's my treat when ever I go to town, hubby has a foot long hotdog and i have a either a speciality hazelnut hot chocolate or a mocha with no whip.

We have 2 starbucks in the town, one on the main street and one above borders bookshop.

I couldn't go to town and not have a starbucks, it's a ritual lol.
    "I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
    My Deviantart