1st wallpaper ive made

http://www.giusepperossi.net/wallpaper/giuseppe_rossi_wallpaper.jpg

i was thinking about doing some wallpapers for users at my website, it could help with getting hits and members, what do you thik of my 1st try?

Im sure experts will probably see some faults with it but its my 1st try so be gentle :P

Comments

• MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Hey Tony, nice first attempt :)

A suggestion, try sticking to copyright safe graphics so that there are no comebacks on you, (e.g. Cease & Desist notice) as unlikely as it may seem there are those on the Internet that deem themselves as "The Copyright Police" and either harrass via e-mail, name and shame or report to copyright holders. The latter being the mature route.
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    so i cant use photographs if im editing them?

I was told when i was at college if your changing the image then your ok, if thats the case i dont think i can get enough of my own pictures in order to make a wallpaper
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    If you're not selling the wallpapers, you could do your rounds on DeviantArt and Renderosity and ask artists permission to use their art/photography?

The problem (grey area) with photography with famous people is that unless you took the photograph yourself in a public place, you would need permission from the subject, photographer and agent.

There are also image licensing companies of which you could purchase the right to use?
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    I trhink making wallpapers is a great idea Tony, I know that it is difficult to get permissions for photographs etc., one place to try is here:
    http://www.sxc.hu
    80 per cent of the stock photography is not only free but they don't have and terms and conditions that would tie you up.
    My Gallery
    WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
    Founder of TWInc
    Profession: KMA
    I am not a purple people eater :p
    i dont think i will get in any trouble as there are plenty of people that do it im not doing it for any profit
  • KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    Good Luck.... though do be careful, I know of 3 photographers that have got sites closed down.
    My Gallery
    WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
    Founder of TWInc
    Profession: KMA
    I am not a purple people eater :p
    its a hidde forum aswel members need 15 posts before it appears so only members will know of it and im not causing any harm to anyone so hopefully should be fine
  • whitefangwhitefang Beginner Link Clerk
    Thats nice photoshop work in that image. Thanks for sharing.
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    tony wrote: »
    its a hidde forum aswel members need 15 posts before it appears so only members will know of it and im not causing any harm to anyone so hopefully should be fine

It didnt take much for me to get the 15 posts required here for posting a link. Surely if someone really cares about protecting their work they will take the time to go look. Just a thought.
  • lionsgatelionsgate Member NAT Warrior
    Nice wallpaper you've made. But I think it looks like little distructed.