Microsoft Can Now Sell Domains

Now everyone's favorite company (cough) can sell domains too.

Microsoft has been added to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) list of accredited domain name registrars.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,127781-c,companynews/article.html

My take: Who's going to help Microsoft get even richer by buying domains from them?

What's your take?

Comments

• stusangelcazstusangelcaz Member NAT Warrior
    I would rather poke my eyes out with a pointy stick than buy a domain name from microsoft. IMHO they should stick to the emails and messengers (which half the time dont want to log in lmao). I wont be buying from them at all, I'll be sticking with my current company.
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    they've been added to the icann list but would you know if there are real plans for them to start selling? i would actually buy from them if their price is competitive - i'd rather trust them than any of the existing registrars ;)
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I think it's pretty good, you're like safe. But i don't know if i'll purchase my domains there.. But i mean you'll probably be safe with them, that's for sure ;)
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • mkylutmkylut Beginner Link Clerk
    Why everyone hates microsoft? I dont understand. even my linux teacher hates microsoft.
    World famous TheLinkTrain.com - JOIN US TODAY!
    LinktrainScript.com - LinkTrain Script home
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Any company works to improve its name in the area it is concerned with however some companies either can't change the view of others or they just don't care. Microsoft (in my opinion) fall into the latter category.

They have traded for so long that using a computer as a "normal" computer user it is practically impossible to use anything else. It's only when you get a clue and end up looking around for yourself that you see the truth.:p
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    Oh come, what's wrong with Microsoft? Let's face it, they have a monopoly on both the OS market (Windows) and the Office market (Office), they're leading the IM market (MSN/Live)... Don't tell me all this is bad stuff, the most critical people (or even MS-haters) mostly use at least 1 of those 3 software packages...

Okay, they might overdo it sometimes, like the coming Microsoft Video or even the production of the X-Box (damn I hate that thing, sorry all=P), but they have to spend their money somehow...

I think it's smart they're actually investing in Domain Names. They won't make much money with it, the investment will cost far more than they will receive from costumers. I think they're just spreading their wings and try to specialize on other platforms than OS's and Office products.

Let me add this: I would buy a Microsoft Domain Name for 99%, if their service and price is good enough. One thing is certain: they are able to provide you of speed, a 99,999% up-time and a good/fair price...

My thoughts on this one, no offense to any of you all =)

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]

• BurninDragon08BurninDragon08 Beginner Link Clerk
    This is great! Microsoft has been one of my favorite companies since I was a young one. Could be because I am from Seattle, Washington?
  • KilkKilk Junior Member Shared Hoster
    lol! Wow Microsoft just trys to get richer and richer soon they will have all of our money...Hey if anyone wants to buy these domains below feel free to, they are available

microsoftdomains.com
    microsoftdomains.net
    microsoftdomains.org
    microsoftdomains.info
    microsoftdomains.biz
    microsoftdomains.us
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Wow shocked that those domains are available!
    Someone from here should grab them quick, become rich & famous, and split up the money :D
    ban1.gif
  • ayushsinhalayushsinhal Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Now everyone's favorite company (cough) can sell domains too.

Microsoft has been added to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) list of accredited domain name registrars.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,127781-c,companynews/article.html

My take: Who's going to help Microsoft get even richer by buying domains from them?

What's your take?

it's good for us as it is selling domain
  • ayushsinhalayushsinhal Junior Member Shared Hoster
    danielneri wrote: »
    Wow shocked that those domains are available!
    Someone from here should grab them quick, become rich & famous, and split up the money :D

good one