Domain Dressing

Just a question...

Is it better to hold off selling domain and placing partially related material to the name on it or does it not make any difference?

I guess what I'm asking is, is there a way of making a domain more desirable rather than just trying to trade it on the name alone?

Comments

• WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Hmm, i think if you have a working website, you'll probably earn abit more $, since i mean it would look cooler, instead of getting "Page cannot be found" .. Yes, i think it could boost your selling price.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    LurkinBack wrote: »
    Just a question...
    Is it better to hold off selling domain and placing partially related material to the name on it or does it not make any difference?
    I guess what I'm asking is, is there a way of making a domain more desirable rather than just trying to trade it on the name alone?

Watchout is exactly right. Putting up a mini site (something that doesn't take you very long) will go a long way to make your flat domain sizzle. When you help people realize all they can use a domain for by dressing it up with a mini site, your using a psycholgical tool. Like a new paint job on a used car will help you sell it :)
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    That's what I was thinking. The only reason I asked is because of all the places you see where there's no owner to a domain and you get these search pages for god knows what.:D
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Hehe, you mean when they park domains? Yeah, it's a way to earn some cash, but i think you would be better off creating an website, just as DeluxeNames said create a "mini-site{@}
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com