List of Files to be hacked using Resource Hacker!

chiragchirag MemberNAT Warrior
[Tutorial Contest] Tutorial by my frnd.

In this tutorial I'll try to list the files, which can be edited using Resource Hacker to change the look-n-feel of Windows!

Windows XP
%windir%\System32\NToskrnl.exe : To change the Boot screen

%windir%\System32\Logonui.exe : To change Login Screen

%windir%\System32\MSgina.dll : To change the text & background of Shutdown dialog box

%windir%\System32\Shell32.dll : A lot of things, like Progress dialog box (copying, deleting, etc.), Run dialog box, Context menu items, and many other things (As much as u'll go thru the items, u'll know what I'm talking about)

%windir%\System32\Sysdm.cpl : To change the System Properties window look

%windir%\System32\Winlogon.exe : To change the text, which u see in Login Screen, like applying user settings, logginf off, shutting down, etc.

%windir%\Explorer.exe : To change Start button text, Programs Menu text (like Programs, Favorites, Documents, etc.)

%windir%\System32\browselc.dll : To change the Menu names in Windows Explorer as well as Internet Explorer

Windows 98
%windir%\System\Shell32.dll : A lot of things, like Progress dialog box (copying, deleting, etc.), Run dialog box, Context menu items, and many other things (As much as u'll go thru the items, u'll know what I'm talking about)

%windir%\System\Sysdm.cpl : To change the System Properties window look

%windir%\System\Browseui.dll : To change the Toolbar's icons, which u see in My computer (Cut, copy, paste, delete, etc.)

%windir%\Explorer.exe : To change Start button text, Programs Menu text (like Programs, Favorites, Documents, etc.)

%windir%\System\browselc.dll : To change the Menu names in Windows Explorer as well as Internet Explorer

These r the main files, which can be edited for desired results!
I'm not giving the procedure to change the things in these files, Just open them in Resource hacker and check what each item contains, and then u can edit them with ur desired things

Following r some screenshots of System Properties window, Processing Dialog box and Shutdown dialog box of my system:

System Properties window

untitled7gu.jpg

Processing Dialog Box

untitled32jt.jpg

Shutdown Dialog Box

untitled23nx.jpg

Process Dialog Box

untitled28ey.jpg

Attaching the calendar

Open Shell32.dll in Resource Hacker and got:

Dialog -> 1020 -> 1033

In right-side pane, right-click on the Dialog box and select Insert Control and click on the button saying Dec 16 and then OK.

Now u can move it or resize it according to ur requirements!

This can be done in ne dialog box in ne file!!!

Run Dialog Box

newpicture20ue.jpg

With little more edits u can make the following:

System Properties

sysdm0jo.jpg

Run Dialog Box

run3ae.jpg

Comments