Heaven N Hell PSP (Tutorial Contest)

fiona2412fiona2412 MemberNAT Warrior
30153-r.jpg

Heaven 'N' Hell

This tutorial was written by Fiona Pomfrett on June 2nd 2006. Any resemblance to any other tutorial is coincidental. Do not copy and paste this tutorial any where on the net. Scripting and translating of this tutorial is strictly forbidden. If you have any problems please contact me HERE

For this tutorial you will need:
:PSP (I used PSP X)
:Tube of your choice or the one I used Here - A Kattitude tube please visit her site Here
:Font of your choice - I used Die Nasty

-:1:-
Open a new canvas 600 x 600 Floodfill with white. Rename Background

-:2:-
Copy and paste your tube as a new layer onto your canvas. The censor layer on the tube is optional, I added that so the tut is *Child Friendly*. rename Background Tube

-:3:-Duplicate your tube layer, rename Tube

-:4:-
Hide your Tube layer and working on your background tube layer,
Effects, Texture Effects, Mosaic - Antique, settings below
30155-r.jpg
Lower the opacity to 46

-:5:-
Unhide your Tube layer, move it down and right slightly and move the Background Tube layer, up and left slightly. Place them where you are happy

-:6:-
Grab your font tool and select your font, Foreground set to black #000000 background set to null, Width set to 1.5, create as vector, size 48 depending on your name
Type out your name, Objects, Align, Center in canvas. Image, Free Rotate, settings below:
30156-r.jpg

-:7:-
Move your name to the side of your tube, so it's over the mosiac pattern. Stretch out if required. Once happy with size and placement, convert to raster. Rename Text Outline

-:8:-
With your magic wand select inside all the letters of your name
30157-r.jpg
Selections, modify, expand by 1 pixel. Layers, new raster layer, Layers, arrange, move down.
Now flood fill with a medium color from your tube, I used #CEEAEA. Lower the opacity of this layer to 69. Rename Text Fill

-:9:-
Add your tagged by and copyright information, if you are using the same tube as me (Kattitude's) the copyright is on a seperate layer on the tube.
Rename Copyright

-:10:-
Activate your background tube layer, select your crop tool. Crop around your image, making sure you don't chop any bits off. Resize if you need too.

Save as a Jpeg

Another Sample
30154-r.jpg
"I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
My Deviantart