little help please

tonytony ModeratorAdministrator
http://www.fitnessblast.info/test/template-3.html

In IE - the right column fits the text, however the left doest fit in properly

In FF - none of the colums fit the text properly

Can anyone help?

Comments

• MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    You'll need to incorporate Firefox hacks to the CSS.

Here is a Google search I have saved in my favourites:-
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=CSS+firefox+hacks&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Hope this helps :)
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    hmmm that seems a bit stupid, i thought css was a way of getting all sites to appear the same making your code ledd confusing, but thats really a lie then if you have to add extra bits
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    oh yeah. all browsers render the css differently tony.

you of all people should know that :p

ie7 is now kinda redeemed it self. it's a little better. though you still have to add the little css hacks here and there :p
    ban1.gif
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    tony wrote: »
    hmmm that seems a bit stupid, i thought css was a way of getting all sites to appear the same making your code ledd confusing, but thats really a lie then if you have to add extra bits

Actually, the hacks that you'll end up using a lot are for Internet Explorer as once again, Microsoft thinks they have control over standards and that everyone else is wrong... And their renderer is just plain bad.

Normal browser (Firefox, Opera and such, though Opera does have some support for JScript): JavaScript
    Explorer: JScript
    Normal browser: HTML 4.01 & XHTML
    Explorer: I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING AND I DON'T SUPPORT XHTML CORRECTLY.
    Normal browser: CSS2 and a usable box model (possibly some CSS3 support, but since the standard isn't set in stone yet, it can't be fully supported).
    Explorer: CSS2 with some hacks because it's box model mashes things to death and it can't understand some CSS correctly.

Please God, let there never be another piece of software as bad as IE6.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i know they render it differently but im useless with css as it is, i thought that it would just work - fingers crossed :D
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    tony wrote: »

Yep I know it does, but unfortunately it was the only way I could get my template to appear correctly. I spent many hours cursing and swearing at it as I'm sure lurk, Bryant and Sweet could tell you LOL
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • SweetSweet Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I remember it well :baby: