What Do You Use for Spyware and Virus Protection?

Just curious what you all use for your Spyware and Virus protection? Do you like it? Ever had antivirus software that you did not like?

I've been using Spysweeper (from www.Webroot.com) for a long time and have loved it. They just came out with a virus program so I just bought it and will give it a try (I'll let you know how it does).

In the past, I've used two products that I did not like. I HATED www.Stopzilla.com because it acted like spyware itself the way it would prompt me to upgrade and based on how hard it was to delete.

I also disliked Bullguard (www.Bullguard.com) as it used up so much memory as it was always doing something in the background whenever my computer was on. This is the free trial software you get when you download Kazaa for the first time. It did well at finding viruses/spyware but took too much of my system's rescources.

And you? What's your favorite protection software?

Comments

• fiona2412fiona2412 Member NAT Warrior
    eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww yuck I hate Bullguard, it came free on this laptop and it was the first thing to go. My uncle said not to use it (he builds and repairs pc's for a living) I can't remember why now as it was a while ago.

I use Avast Home Edition (the free one), in the past I've had Norton, was ok until we switched ISP's and norton wasn't compatable. Mcafee (sp) this one didn't go down to well with the household, We use parental controls because of my 13yr old son, yet mcafee refused him access to game shops and other site's so that went too. I used the freeone provided by my ISP and that was ok, but I changed again so couldn't use it anymore which is why I'm using Avast

For spyware I use Ad-Aware, not sure if it delete's spyware as well

I also run window washer daily to clean out my files :)
    "I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • NitishNitish Beginner Link Clerk
    I use Avast!
    So what do you peep's recommend for spyware? Does ad-aware remove spyware too?

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • chiragchirag Member NAT Warrior
    ^^
    No it doesn't delete spywares.

For adwares I use Ad-Aware.
    For spywares I use Spybot-Search & Destory
    For viruse and internet security and all I use Avast Home Edition.
    Me thinks I should get some spyware stuff then...the laptop is running sh*t slow..could be infected?

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • lionsgatelionsgate Member NAT Warrior
    I am currently using Symantec Norton Antivirus 2006. It is the best overall i think. It also have internet worm/trojan/horse protection with live update and auto protect. so, i think it is great. it has many more options available. Just try once then you'll love it.
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
  • bkn010bkn010 Beginner Link Clerk
    I use NOD32
    I got search and destroy...it cleaned out a fair few nasties from my pc..trying to get hubby into the habit of scanning everyday as a precautionery measure.

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • NitroNitro Beginner Link Clerk
    For adware I use Spybot & Ad-Aware. For antivirus I use Norton Anitvirus.
    Rock Bottom Poker - Free Poker Wallpapers.
  • Sparkydude31809Sparkydude31809 Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Norton...on my mac...so really no spyware :-)
    "I come as a right hand, an agent of God, to carry out his judgement"

:hello:
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    i'm a cheapskate ;)

on my office equipment, everything's top-notch - really top of the range products provided by my employer - both hardware and software.

on my home laptop, everything's free - downloaded from download.com - anti-virus is from avg, firewall is from zonelabs and anti-spyware from lavasoft (adaware). ;)
  • Sparkydude31809Sparkydude31809 Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Haha...thats the PC way...thats the PC way...:-p
    "I come as a right hand, an agent of God, to carry out his judgement"

:hello:
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i dont have anything, i stick to the same sites usually, its very rarely i go to visit new sites, unless im looking for templates/designs codes etc.

I use mozilla which means no activex and so very unlikely ill get any dodgy downloads.
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    tony wrote: »
    i dont have anything, i stick to the same sites usually, its very rarely i go to visit new sites, unless im looking for templates/designs codes etc.

I use mozilla which means no activex and so very unlikely ill get any dodgy downloads.

the problem with that is that some times these people scan for open ports on the internet and if they find you without a firewall, you'll still get infected ;)
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i have a firewall in place just no anti virus or spyware, the reason being is that every 6-12 months i forat my computer anyway and if i do get a virus i want to make sre its totally gone, i dont trust anti virs software will get rid of everything so id reformat it
  • omoiomoi Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I have Norton and some funny AOL protection stuff that keeps asking me for a scan ever 5 minutes...it's annoying because it'll always find the same thing over and over and never bother to do anything about it :P
    Chou: butterfly...
    omoi: thought; mind; heart; feelings; emotion; sentiment; love; affection; desire; wish; hope; expectation; imagination; experience...
    chou omoi
    butterflyspirit