just bought a new site

i now own ga ming-for ums.org (without spaces)

dunno what im gonna do with it, it seemed like a good buy, although i have very little interest in gaming sites.

Any suggestions/or anyone interested in doing some type of partnership with it? Im interested in all suggestions as i really dont have any ideas other than leave it as it is.

I know there are a few people with gaming sites on here.

Comments

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    I do like the domain Tony. I've never owned a gaming site so I don't know what to tell you. Where did you find?
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    found it on digitalpoint.

Ive heard .org's get given extra weight with PR, as its a PR3 already i thought it was a decent buy for what i paid. We shall see if it was good or not
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Sounds like a definite goodbuy Tony!

I would suggest if your not hugely into games, set it up as just a links page to loads of different pages concerened with gaming that way you could get some affiliate link stuck onto it. I know GAME have an affiliate system and i would presume many others if you hunted.

So you could just leave it running earning money here and there, maybe covering it's expenses and if not probably improving it's page rank a little more.
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    With a domain like that I'd simply make it a forum. Build up activity. Get a vbulletin license and a skin when you can afford it, take your time with it.
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    im gonna convert it to smf i found a nice skin, transfer everyone over (hopefully it wont go wrong), see if all goes well and if i can sell some text links perhapse, as someone mentioned just to cover costs,then if/when i get bored probably sell it as my heart wont be in it. or perhapse see if i can get someoe to run it and ill display there ads