Spotty Red Rubies PSP (Tutorial Contest)

fiona2412fiona2412 MemberNAT Warrior
30185-r.jpg

Spotty Red Rubies

This tutorial was written by Fiona Pomfrett on May 8th 2006. Any resemblance to any other tutorial is coincidental. Do not copy and paste this tutorial any where on the net. Scripting and translating of this tutorial is strictly forbidden. If you have any problems please contact me HERE

For this tutorial you will need:
:PSP (I used PSP X)
:Tube of your choice
:Eye Candy 4000 - Gradient Glow
:Brush/brushes - The brush I used is by Tammy, visit her fab site Here
:3 fonts of your choice, 1 chubby, 1 slender & 1 script style

-:1:-
Open a new canvas 473 x 356, odd size I know but it works lol, Open your tube (I'm using one from Paint Shop Stop, if you would like to join this fab forum click here)
Choose a color from your tube, not too dark and not too light

-:2:-
Selections, all, modify, contract by 12, invert flood fill with your chosen color. Selections, none. Rename this layer Border

-:3:-
Add a new raster layer and flood fill with a lighter color from your tube. Rename this layer Background

-:4:-
Now choose a dark color from your tube and set it to the background, the color you used for your border set as your foreground color Select your preset shape rectangle, line width 4, create as vector and anti- alias checked, draw a rectangle at the top of your image, leaving a gap at the top (see finished tag for example) drag it right out on both sides so you can't see the ends. Once happy convert to raster. Rename this layer Rectangle

Your layers should go from top to bottom:
Border
Rectangle
Background
If they are not in this order drag them up or down until they are

-:5:-Activate your rectangle layer, copy and paste your tube as a new layer, re-size if needed. Your tube layer will be above your rectangle layer and below you border layer. Rename this layer Tube

-:6:-
Select a large chubby font, size 72, vector checked, using your background color (the light one) type out your name, position it in the rectangle. It will be overlapping your tube, but don't worry about that yet.
Effects, Plugins, Eye Candy 4000, Gradient Glow, using these settings
Basic tab:
Glow Width (pixles) = 3
Soft Corners (%) = 25
Overall Opacity (%) = 100
Draw Only Outside Selection = Checked
Color tab:
In the box in the middle you can choose an option from there or you can add your own colors using the color bar at the bottom. I'm using one of Ms Kris's setting from Paint Shop Stop
Opacity set to 99
Click OK when you are happy
Rename this layer Name 1, Change the blend mode to screen
Layers, arrange, move down. Your Name 1 layer will now be under your tube layer

-:7:-
Select your other font
Color set to your border color, vector and anti-alias checked, size 22 Type out your name several times so it goes right accross the canvas (border as well)
Position this line of text at the bottom of your rectangle, leaving a small gap between the bottom of the text and the rectangle bottom. Convert to raster.

-:8:-
With your magic wand, on your border layer, select the inside of the border Selections, modify, expand by 5. Invert back to your line of text layer and press delete, selections, none
On your line of text, rename it Name 2

Your layers should be from top to bottom
Border
Tube
Name 2
Name 1
Rectangle
Background

-:9:-Activate your tube layer and apply the same gradient glow, but change the width on the basic tab to 4
Position your tube where you want it, I have it on the right hand side

-:10:-
Now add a new layer, move this layer down so it is below your rectangle layer, Rename it Brush 1 with your paintbrush find a nice brush that like, change your foreground color to the color of your rectangle, lighten it using luminance in the controls in your material palette, as below
30187-r.jpg
Still on your Brush 1 layer, apply your brush, to the side where your tube isn't

Note:If you want to add more brushes, put each brush on its own layer so you can move them around and delete if you want without ruining what you have already done

-:11:-
Once you have added all the brushes you want, select your script style font Create as vector, anti-alias checked, size 36, color set to your border color Type out your name, DO NOT CONVERT TO RASTER.
Image, free rotate, rotate single layer arounf canvas centre checked,
Degree's set to 90
If your tube is on the right, set the direction to left,
If your tube is on the left, set the direction to right.
Stretch out if you want and convert to raster

Add your tagged by info and any copyright needed and there you have it
Save as a jpeg
Example
30186-r.jpg
"I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
My Deviantart