Myspace Advertising

PapworthPapworth Junior MemberShared Hoster
What's everyones opinion on this? I myself used to sell Myspace bulletins, and was earning upwards of $200 a day. This is obviously a fantastic way to advertise but only if your niche appeals to young people (18-24).

Have any of you tried it? I am about to invest a little into this advertising in an attempt to revive an old music forum I bought, and I'm expecting a good response due to the type of forum I'm running.

What do you think to it?

Comments

• danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Damn if you make 200+ a day then it's a damn good idea!

How many friends do you have to make that kinda money?
    ban1.gif
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Papworth wrote: »
    What's everyones opinion on this? I myself used to sell Myspace bulletins, and was earning upwards of $200 a day. This is obviously a fantastic way to advertise but only if your niche appeals to young people (18-24).
    Have any of you tried it? I am about to invest a little into this advertising in an attempt to revive an old music forum I bought, and I'm expecting a good response due to the type of forum I'm running.
    What do you think to it?
    If you were making $200/day by doing this, that is phenominal! How could we argue with your success?

A music site is perfect for the 18-24 audience. Sounds like you've gaged your niche well. I've heard that bands have found success advertising via Myspace so maybe you can catch some revenue from up and coming bands trying to get their name out there.

With that kind of money, why did you stop selling Myspace bulletins? Did the market change?
  • PapworthPapworth Junior Member Shared Hoster
    With that kind of money, why did you stop selling Myspace bulletins? Did the market change?

Trouble was, myspace started using filters. Now you have to send bulletins at a rate of only one per day, otherwise you are classed as spamming.

I used a special program meaning I could post the same bulletin to over 2000 accounts within an hour. I was a big spender but the profit really was massive.

So basically, after the filters were made I would only be making around $30 a day, for about 2 hours work. As you have to manually check some of the accounts, to make sure the bulletin was sent.

It was unfortunate to be honest, by the time I found out and got involved in the business, after 3 weeks the filters were introduced. It was a nice profit, but it was certainly a shame it couldn't continue for at least a litle while longer.. :banghead:

So in the end I sold on the program I was using and all my accounts, but now of course I wish I had kept them, as it would save me having the pay someone else for this service!
  • rebelagentrebelagent Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I used it and received about30-50 uniques daily. I used to post bulletins for people and earned about $50 every 2 days. I only had 2k friends though. I knew people with 10k plus selling bulletins $5-$10.00 each.
    rebelagent wrote: »
    I used it and received about30-50 uniques daily. I used to post bulletins for people and earned about $50 every 2 days. I only had 2k friends though. I knew people with 10k plus selling bulletins $5-$10.00 each.

With me, in total i had 2000+ accounts, and over 900,000 friends. Needless to say really, I could sell each bulletin for around $60 each. :)
    LOL did you ever get deleted in what I call the "Great Myspace Sweep"?

I had to stop adding friends because everyone I knew was getting deleted. I mean I even lost 200 friends because of the deletion.
    Yup, my accounts & friends were getting deleted. Thats where the program 'Badder Adder' came into play, it searched for members on myspace, and automatically sent them a friend request for me. Allowing me to keep on adding to my friend total. :)
    myspace didn't find out about the tool? Lucky.
    There are quite a few programs out there that do the same job at the moment. Trouble is though, Myspace filters are excellent now, and a good 30% of bulletins posted using my automated sender are filtered, thats the main reason why I stopped.

If I'm being honest I can't see the damage it's doing, bulletins on Myspace aren't exactly used for interlectual conversation, it's basically loads of little spam-boards. But rules are rules.
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    I didn't realize that they cleaned up MySpace so much. So any new Myspace hacks that come out don't work for long?
  • websitesbuiltwebsitesbuilt Beginner Link Clerk
    Why did you stop if you were making $200 a day?
    I didn't realize that they cleaned up MySpace so much. So any new Myspace hacks that come out don't work for long?

No they don't unfortunately. :(

And websitesbuild, I stopped because of the filters. It was more hassle that it was worth, as people weren't getting the hits meaning I had to resend bulletins etc.. It was very time consuming to say each bulletin ($60/each) took about an 45 minutes to one hour to send.
    Exactly and myspace is no tracking all the friend adders and message senders and auto accept things...really sucks just knew someone with 40k who got deleted last week. Man ever since FOX took over it went downhill.

Did you know that myspace has a lot of users but they're all actually multis of each other ;) So just think instead of 5 million its more like 2 million users lol
    Did you know that myspace has a lot of users but they're all actually multis of each other ;) So just think instead of 5 million its more like 2 million users lol

Too true mate, as I said at one point I had over 2000 accounts with about 500-1000 friends on each. Sold them all off as one lot though for high $x,xxx when I knew filters were coming in. ;)
    Papworth wrote: »
    Too true mate, as I said at one point I had over 2000 accounts with about 500-1000 friends on each. Sold them all off as one lot though for high $x,xxx when I knew filters were coming in. ;)
    Always sell before the fall :) Safety net is always good. I did that with my paid posting company.
    Always sell before the fall :) Safety net is always good. I did that with my paid posting company.

Paid posting company, which did you used to own? I owned Wepay-Youpost around 6-8 months ago, I built that site from nothing, and ended up selling it with my writers for low $x,xxx, and I had also made high $xxx raw profit, in the 3 months I kept the site as my own.