Getting your site going

rebelagentrebelagent Junior MemberShared Hoster
How long does it take you to get at least 300 daily uniques without having to advertise on a daily basis?

Takes me about 6 months -.-

Then it goes down when I stop advertsing weekly.

Comments

• dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    the only real way to sustain that without pumping money in all the time is to rank well in the search engines.

i used to have a site that ranges 8000-10000 uniques without having spent a single cent on advertising. took about 6 months to get there but that's for a niche segment. traffic has since dropped since i stopped updating the site. :(
  • fiona2412fiona2412 Member NAT Warrior
    Over the last 7 days (tues - mon) I had 448 unique visitors to my site. With 95 returning visitors.

Not alot compared to the hits you get...but I'm happy. As far as advertising goes...I don;t really advertise..unless you count having a link on a few friends sites :D
    "I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • rebelagentrebelagent Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Yeah I hardly use money I find my targeted traffic is on forums so I just advertise free in the advertise sections. I advertise with payments about once a month. I also submit to search engines. One site I was as the top of google for its area.
  • fiona2412fiona2412 Member NAT Warrior
    how do you advertise with google? I've often wondered that...I get my hosting from yahoo and think that i automatically go into their search engine thing
    "I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • PapworthPapworth Junior Member Shared Hoster
    fiona2412 wrote: »
    how do you advertise with google? I've often wondered that...I get my hosting from yahoo and think that i automatically go into their search engine thing

You should automatically be ranked on Googles searches under keywords, but some people like to pay for Adwords. Now while this is very expensive (and doesn't work if you only invest a little into the program), if you have the funds it can be very rewarding.

Basically, when you signup you set a maximum amount you want to spend per day (example, $5), and then when people search key words on Google, if they search something that applys to your site your ad will be displayed on the right hand side on the 'Sponsered Links' section. :) Basically, the more you pay the more clicks you recieve, and the higher ranked you are.
  • lionsgatelionsgate Member NAT Warrior
    Withour a penny.. currently I have more than 400 unique traffic daily basis and thousands of hits. and it took me around a month or little bit more. And now all 68 pages are listen in search engine.
  • rebelagentrebelagent Junior Member Shared Hoster
    lionsgate wrote: »
    Withour a penny.. currently I have more than 400 unique traffic daily basis and thousands of hits. and it took me around a month or little bit more. And now all 68 pages are listen in search engine.

What site do you own? That's pretty amazing do you have friends or networked somehow or pulled up some I Owe U's?