Another from Namepros

Hello,

Nice to find another web development site as I'm moving many names from parking to mini-sites. I also spend time at DS and US Forum, so I expect I'll see some familiar faces here.

Nicely done getting the link at NP or else I wouldn't have found this.

Good luck to all. Now, back to lurk-mode .....

jg

Comments

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Patton wrote: »
    Hello,
    Nice to find another web development site as I'm moving many names from parking to mini-sites. I also spend time at DS and US Forum, so I expect I'll see some familiar faces here.
    Nicely done getting the link at NP or else I wouldn't have found this.
    Good luck to all. Now, back to lurk-mode .....
    jg
    Welcome Patton! Nice to see you here :) Just curious, where are you from and what are your hobbies when your not online?

If you would, tell me more about your minisites that your building for your domains. In fact, could I see an example? (you can write it like w ww.website.com to avoid the censor).

The reason I ask is that I've been in the same process of finding the best solution for parking domains. Right now I'm testing out Ian's and RJ's (www.1Plus.net) solution and am liking it so far. Have you tried the minipages at 1Plus and if so, what did you think?
  • chiragchirag Member NAT Warrior
    Welcome to the forum.:)
  • PapworthPapworth Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Welcome to the forum Patton, I'm sure you'll get on fine here. It really is a great place, and the nice little ad on Namepros is sure to drive a lot of traffic here.
  • lionsgatelionsgate Member NAT Warrior
    hello & welcome. I think most of them are from namepros. Is it?
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Hello Patton!

Welcome to Webmaster Post :)
    ban1.gif
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Hi Patton and welcome to WP :D
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • fiona2412fiona2412 Member NAT Warrior
    Hi & Welcome :D
    "I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    As everyone else said (and i'm not one for being original) hello and welcome to the forum. :hello:
  • PattonPatton Beginner Link Clerk
    Just curious, where are you from and what are your hobbies when your not online?

If you would, tell me more about your minisites that your building for your domains. In fact, could I see an example? (you can write it like w ww.website.com to avoid the censor).

The reason I ask is that I've been in the same process of finding the best solution for parking domains. Right now I'm testing out Ian's and RJ's solution and am liking it so far. Have you tried the minipages at 1Plus and if so, what did you think?

Well, without getting into too much personal information, I live in Washington state, 'retired' from politics, PR and electronic media and am now in the midst of a fourth 'career' with domain acquisition and development. Our house is constantly in the midst of remodeling projects, so that's the closest thing I have to a hobby ... though I enjoy biking, 'blading and other forms of physical exercise which beat down my body, but prevent me from feeling old. And music. Zep, Floyd, Tool, Rush, Primus, Stones, Who, Scorps, etc.

Yes. I've got a few names at 1Plus.net and like it so far. I just haven't put enough effort into customizing them at this point. Threw on the Adsense code and let it ride. I do think they're moving in the right direction, however.

RE: mini-sites - mytravelnews dot com, 2008news dot com are a couple I've put together. (re: 2008 news - it's a political site. I try to blast both sides, so no flames please)

Using xsitepro for development; Netgraphics for my graphics. 300 bucks out the door. Not especially fancy. Not looking for it to be fancy. Get people to the site and get some content in front of them. I'm doing this with approximately 100 sites, several hundy parked and others will be in the major development mode with memberships, newsletters and bookings.

(yes. I'm a writer. So much for a short answer)

Thanks everybody for the warm welcomes.
  • BursteffectBursteffect Beginner Link Clerk
    There seems to be a lot of people here from namepros :P.
    Welcome to the forums :).