which browser

BillBill BeginnerLink Clerk
This is just a general qustion about your SITE...

From your stats, what browser is mostly used to visit your site?

and also, which browser do you use as a rule?

This is just me being nosey :D

Jon

edit// forgot to put in oter as an option :D but now i cant put it in..... eh well just post it int the thread :D
C:\>DOS
C:\>DOS\RUN
#:RUN\DOS\RUN

Comments

• KilkKilk Junior Member Shared Hoster
    FireFox FTW!!! Opera is just a modified IE active x control browser, and IE just sucks...Microsoft made it and it is slow and unsecure...[sarcasim]Who likes Microsoft anyways?[/sarcasim]
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Exactly, Firefox FTW.

Since I run a webmaster related site, most of the people that visit are all using Firefox. If they're not they won't see anything pretty because my site looks like crap in IE6+ :p
    ban1.gif
  • BillBill Beginner Link Clerk
    danielneri wrote: »
    Exactly, Firefox FTW.

Since I run a webmaster related site, most of the people that visit are all using Firefox. If they're not they won't see anything pretty because my site looks like crap in IE6+ :p

LOL
    Kilk wrote: »
    Opera is just a modified IE active x control browser

... no comment as i am an avid opera user..... it might get ugly :p
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I use Firefox but the majority of my visitors use IE 6 & 7
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i use FF my sites receive hits mainly from IE6, which do i put my vote under? which i use or my visitors?
    lol, sorry, should have specified, put the vote of your visitors :D
  • fundufundu Beginner Link Clerk
    My website visitors use IE 6 and 7 and then comes the firefox....

Opera comes on the third place.... and safari on fourth...

Personally I use IE7.

Though I test my website on IE6, IE7, Firefox and opera...
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    IE6 seems to be the browser of choice for people going to my site but as far as I am aware it wouldn't make a difference what browser they use as it will display the same whatever :D
  • KilkKilk Junior Member Shared Hoster
    fundu wrote: »
    My website visitors use IE 6 and 7 and then comes the firefox....

Opera comes on the third place.... and safari on fourth...

Personally I use IE7.

Though I test my website on IE6, IE7, Firefox and opera...

Ya I use Firefox2 and then when developing my sites I just click the FF icon by the bottom of this browser, I got a addon called IE tab and it just lets you be on IE7 or 6 while on Firefox :p
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Opera is just a modified IE active x control browser
    Oh dear sweet hairy Moses...
    Opera and internet Explorer aren't related in any way shape or form.
    For starters, Opera is cross platform while internet Explorer is just front end for the Trident HTML rendering engine that's built into Windows.
    Opera actually renders standards compliant code correctly with only minor differences between it and Firefox (such as spacing in dotted borders).
    Opera has better support for many things ranging from RSS to web standards and even Bit Torrent.
    IE6 was a horrible browser and IE7 has an interface designed by imbeciles while Opera 9 is well laid out and is pretty customizable.

Personally, I use Firefox 2 under Ubuntu 6.06, though I also have Opera 9, Epiphany, Konquerer (because Safari doesn't run under Linux, but it's built off of Konquerer's rendering engine anyway), Galeon and Internet Explorer 6 (eat me Microsoft, your browser running outside Windows :D).

Most people will still be using Explorer as it's the first browser many come across, but any web dev or generally clued up person with half a brain should be using something like Firefox, Opera, Safari, Konquerer or Camino... Or they should be banned from using PC's with the punishment being getting shot in the rear with an Uzi (and if you're designing apps which need Internet Explorer, all I can say is wtfjgisvjbirf...?).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • PapworthPapworth Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Firefox for me. Used it for the last two years and wouldn't even consider changing to anything else.
    Nuvo wrote: »
    Oh dear sweet hairy Moses...
    Opera and internet Explorer aren't related in any way shape or form.
    For starters, Opera is cross platform while internet Explorer is just front end for the Trident HTML rendering engine that's built into Windows.
    Opera actually renders standards compliant code correctly with only minor differences between it and Firefox (such as spacing in dotted borders).
    Opera has better support for many things ranging from RSS to web standards and even Bit Torrent.
    IE6 was a horrible browser and IE7 has an interface designed by imbeciles while Opera 9 is well laid out and is pretty customizable.

Personally, I use Firefox 2 under Ubuntu 6.06, though I also have Opera 9, Epiphany, Konquerer (because Safari doesn't run under Linux, but it's built off of Konquerer's rendering engine anyway), Galeon and Internet Explorer 6 (eat me Microsoft, your browser running outside Windows :D).

Most people will still be using Explorer as it's the first browser many come across, but any web dev or generally clued up person with half a brain should be using something like Firefox, Opera, Safari, Konquerer or Camino... Or they should be banned from using PC's with the punishment being getting shot in the rear with an Uzi (and if you're designing apps which need Internet Explorer, all I can say is wtfjgisvjbirf...?).

thank you for takeing up for opera.... :D

and
    Or they should be banned from using PC's with the punishment being getting shot in the rear with an Uzi

LMAFO
  • rebelagentrebelagent Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Firefox is good but I like the new IE7 FF is starting to die on me tooooooo often now.
  • lionsgatelionsgate Member NAT Warrior
    I use opera. And for some site I use mozilla firefox. Opera is very nice & secure browser. Its rendering is fast. And many things. If you haven't tried it yet then try now then you'll see what is the difference betwoeen Firefox & IE. It is totaly different. And in the first reply of this thread I read one foolish was telling that Opera is the modified active x of ie. You're totaly wrong. This means you haven't used it. Altohugh I may be wrong. anyhow. That's just my opinon to speak with my own liberty.
  • NitishNitish Beginner Link Clerk
    Firefox rocks..........
  • omoiomoi Junior Member Shared Hoster
    i use four different browsers:
    Opera (i like the widget games :D)
    FireFox (very secure)
    I.E. (it feels so basic, though)
    AOL Explorer (openride actually, i've been with aol since 4.0 i think, it's awesome for me)
    it just depends what mood i'm in; there's always a browser to suit it
    Chou: butterfly...
    omoi: thought; mind; heart; feelings; emotion; sentiment; love; affection; desire; wish; hope; expectation; imagination; experience...
    chou omoi
    butterflyspirit
  • jessithajessitha Beginner Link Clerk
    I am currently using Firefox.