How do u make a topsite

dolliecremdolliecrem BeginnerLink Clerk
IM looking for a topsite and i dont where i can find the code can anyone help me

Comments

• nmallarenmallare Beginner Link Clerk
    I'd say look here ...

hotscripts.com/
    php.resourceindex.com/
    phpfreaks.com/scripts.php

You left it open ended, so I hope this helps.

Nick
  • crud3w4recrud3w4re Beginner Link Clerk
    dolliecrem wrote: »
    IM looking for a topsite and i dont where i can find the code can anyone help me

I know that Installatron has it now.
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    nmallare wrote: »
    I'd say look here ...
    hotscripts.com/
    php.resourceindex.com/
    phpfreaks.com/scripts.php
    You left it open ended, so I hope this helps.
    Nick

I like the code that you use for your topsite Nick. By that I mean your directory. Would you guys say that a directory and a topsite are the same thing or am I missing something here?
  • crud3w4recrud3w4re Beginner Link Clerk
    A directory just directs you to sites, each site is located is a category. In a topsite, rank depends on visitors that vote on the sites on the list.
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    crud3w4re wrote: »
    A directory just directs you to sites, each site is located is a category. In a topsite, rank depends on visitors that vote on the sites on the list.
    Thanks for that Joseph, I've never made that distinction but that does explain it.

I didn't mean to take this thread off topic. Dolliecrem, I'll do some looking around for a good topsites script for you.
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    It wouldn't be too hard to make one I don't think. Just have it send the user quickly to a PHP script that updates a "number of times clicked" field in a database then redirects to the actual page.

Should be quick and easy. :D
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    Why not download a few scripts and look at the code