Is There a Script For This?

omoiomoi Junior MemberShared Hoster
Well, I'm pretty new to javascript and I was curious where I could find a script for sorting lists. Like, one column would have a title while another would have the number of chapters, and another would have a date. Where could I find a script for sorting that?
Chou: butterfly...
omoi: thought; mind; heart; feelings; emotion; sentiment; love; affection; desire; wish; hope; expectation; imagination; experience...
chou omoi
butterflyspirit

Comments

• trusttrust Beginner Link Clerk
    u mean like a graph? or iframes?
  • omoiomoi Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Oh I just mean text like:
    Alphabetical Order
    Last Updated
    Published Date
    Status (in progress, completed)
    Things like that with just text.
    Chou: butterfly...
    omoi: thought; mind; heart; feelings; emotion; sentiment; love; affection; desire; wish; hope; expectation; imagination; experience...
    chou omoi
    butterflyspirit
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I'm pretty sure that this kind of thing would be rather simple to do using AJAX methods if your data is stored in a database.
    With AJAX (Active JavaScript And XML), you'd use JavaScript to send a request to a server side script (PHP, Rails, Perl or whatever you're using) when a column header is clicked.
    Then, the backend would respond by ordering database results according to whatever it has to work on (assuming that Publishing Date, Status and so on are database table fields) and it would return the output.
    Because of the AJAX, the output would then be inserted into the currently loaded page without reloading it.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!