Launching

I'm launching a new webhosting service, but I have some questions:

Should I use a Paypal Business account? If so, should I choose "Individual" or "Sole-Proprietor" in Paypal? I don't own a registered company, so I was gonna choose the former.

I'm choosing HostGator as my reseller, and I plan on marketing my website ALOT! I have pondered on this for sometime now, but after reading into HostGator reselling, I decided to go for it.

Any tips?

I will create reasonable packages, I will alter the prices to get it just right. What sort of packages do people like? Space, B/W, and prices? Just wondering. I already know the prices that I'll be using at launch, and I hope my forum grows over there.

I never saw a webhost use ads? Why is that? lol. I have some plans for the future, I will reinvest money made back into my business, so that I can pay for a more customized template ;)

I'm very active on the internet, I know the places to advertise, so I feel like I have an edge over the major competition. I can talk on forums and customize packages for people, something that the "big guys" can't do.

If anyone would like to see features in a webhost that you never see, let me know! I'll add it to my "to-do" list. :)

Anyway, just wondering, thanks!

Comments

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    A thumgs up for the Paypal. A lot of people want to use it and cant. What domain will you use? (just curious).

Go for it Joseph, I like your "go getter" approach to this. Don't look back, just start this sucker up and promote it like mad. Too many put their dreams on hold for lack of a business plan or market ****ysis and other phooey.
  • crud3w4recrud3w4re Beginner Link Clerk
    Yeah. I have had problems with Paypal in the past, they're very picky. I hope to have no problems with them in the future, otherwise, I'll just use something else. ;)

Thanks. I like to think day to day, I don't really care about a "business plan", waste of time. I'm more concerned with getting the site up, creating nice packages, and to build a loyal memberbase.

I mean, yeah, If I ever were to really turn a profit, I would probably have to think more about business, but it's pointless to think like that at this level. You think of copyrights, TM's, and register as a company when you are atleast on a dedicated server. That's a good sign of success.

Name? Don't know. I have some ideas on names, but I won't be registering the .com until the morning. So yea. :) Webhosting is a balance between many factors, you always need to keep reinvesting your money back into it, IMO! :D