X-Factor favourite Leona Lewis victim of cybersquatters

I just had to post this here because one of our memebers, (Papworth) runs a Leona Lewis forum and at first I was worried that this article might be about him :D (but it's not, his site is: www.LeonaLewisOnline.co.uk)
From the article:
"X-Factor favourite Leona Lewis victim of cybersquatters: domain name goes up for sale on eBay
Instead of hurling insults at the MacDonald Brothers, Simon Cowell should perhaps have been registering some obvious domain names for his X-Factor candidates.

Leona Lewis, who seems to be the favourite to win the X-Factor, is now the 'victim' of cybersquatters who have registered 'leonalewis.net' and tried to flog it on eBay."

My take: I think the guy that bought the domain showed a some forethought and shoudn't be hated for trying.

What's your take? Is he a criminal for registering that domain?

http://techdigest.tv/2006/12/xfactor_favouri.html

Comments

• LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    I think if someone waits till you've just registered your business or name and then registers the domain name then it's a bit much but if they think ahead with things like X-Factor and that kind of thing then all credit to them!

They are thinking on their feet and making money from it where's the harm in that?:confused: lol