How many years are you willing to pay upfront for a great deal?

The offer announces 60% off on a VPS. The specs are great, and something that would cost you 20$/month is being offered at just 8$/mth

You go to sign-up and the 8$/mth price is when you pay upfront for 2 years. Would you take it?

I have seen providers offer HUGE discounts on upfront payments when it is 3 years. Here is an example (real world).

• 32GB RAM
  • 480GB NVMe
  • 8 vCPU
  • 16TB transfer

Monthly price 70$/mth. If you pay three years upfront, you pay only 89$/year. In other words instead of 2520$ for 3 years, you pay 267$ today. What do you think of such offers?

Thanked by [1] : DeluxeNames

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Link Clerk

Depending on how much cash I have in my bank account, I would take it, but only if the host was in business for more than 3 years

Thanked by [2] : moxrulez DeluxeNames
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator

@moxrulez said:
    The offer announces 60% off on a VPS. The specs are great, and something that would cost you 20$/month is being offered at just 8$/mth

You go to sign-up and the 8$/mth price is when you pay upfront for 2 years. Would you take it?

I have seen providers offer HUGE discounts on upfront payments when it is 3 years. Here is an example (real world).

• 32GB RAM
    • 480GB NVMe
    • 8 vCPU
    • 16TB transfer

Monthly price 70$/mth. If you pay three years upfront, you pay only 89$/year. In other words instead of 2520$ for 3 years, you pay 267$ today. What do you think of such offers?

Only if the host had an established, long time reputation. I would recommend paying for 1 month at the higher rate to test them first.

At the end of the month, if they have proven themselves to you, sign up for the long term discounted deal.

• LouisLouis Link Clerk

At $8 a month given the features I believe it's more than a great deal. Two years upfront sounds about right.

Thanked by [1] : DeluxeNames