Is DDoS Protection Necessary For You?

MonstaHostMonstaHost NAT Warrior
edited April 2021 in Hosting Discussion & News

How important is DDoS protection when searching for your webhosting provider?
Some say DDoS protection is a critical factor but I'm using Cloudflare and it seems good enough.

Why isn't Cloudflare enough protection for DDoS?

Thoughts?

Comments

• cloudmatecloudmate NAT Warrior

CloudFlare has 1 Disadvantage, You cannot install your own SSL Certificate unless you are paid. Also, CloudFlare won't help your site if Origin Server IP Address is under DDOS Attack. CloudFlare only protects website from DDOS which is useless because Shared Hostings, Limits are already set to like 200Requests/Sec - 4000Requests/Sec and after that, Server changes its status to Server Busy refusing more connection.

Never Rely on Web Hosting Provider for DDOS Protection because most Providers rely on Datacenter for Protection rather than setting their own Firewall for Protections. All our Servers are equipped with 4 Firewalls: Datacenter, Litespeed, CSF and Imunify360 . Crossing this is tough!

Though, Our Server Load varies between 2-6 but never let it gain more than that else the Processes slow down! Our Website runs on Our own Servers CDN for Load Balancing with Paid SSL and everything on VPS so that Even if servers go down, Customers have a Place to open ticket!

Thanked by [1] : MonstaHost

Shared Hosting | VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers

Ankesh Anand
    LHY Technologies
    CEO
    ankesh@cloudmate.in

• MonstaHostMonstaHost NAT Warrior

@cloudmate said:
    CloudFlare has 1 Disadvantage, You cannot install your own SSL Certificate unless you are paid. Also, CloudFlare won't help your site if Origin Server IP Address is under DDOS Attack. CloudFlare only protects website from DDOS which is useless because Shared Hostings, Limits are already set to like 200Requests/Sec - 4000Requests/Sec and after that, Server changes its status to Server Busy refusing more connection.

This I did not know @cloudmate.
    I won't be able to use a free "LetsEncrypt" SSL when using Cloudflare?

Or do you mean I'll need CloudFlare to install the SSL?

@Monsta Host said:

@cloudmate said:

This I did not know @cloudmate.
    I won't be able to use a free "LetsEncrypt" SSL when using Cloudflare?

Or do you mean I'll need CloudFlare to install the SSL?

Yep, Whenever You will use CloudFlare Network, LetsEncrypt SSL will not be shown rather their Universal SSL mentioning sni.cloudflaressl.com and Particularly Data encrypted will be Between CloudFlare also which they Can see. This is because there are 2 SSL on Performance. 1 SSL from Client to CloudFlare which Cloudflare Decrypts on its server and then Transfers the data to Origin Server through Another SSL which is not a Good Practice for Data Security. Though, It gives anoymility to the origin IP Address

Thanked by [1] : MonstaHost

Ankesh Anand
    LHY Technologies
    CEO
    ankesh@cloudmate.in

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    edited April 2021

Very interesting!

@cloudmate, in your opinion, what's the next best DNS resolver after CloudFlare if we don't want to use CloudFlare?

@DeluxeNames said:
    Very interesting!

@cloudmate, in your opinion, what's the next best DNS resolver after CloudFlare if we don't want to use CloudFlare?

Unfortunately, CloudFlare is the Only Provider in this Field. If You want to use Proxied Network like CloudFlare, You can set it up using VPS NGINX Reverse Proxy but I suggest that using CloudFlare is of No use in my opinion as It actually extracts Data from Origin Server only and then Propogates it through their Servers in between which makes it Delayed.

Ankesh Anand
    LHY Technologies
    CEO
    ankesh@cloudmate.in