I Settled on a company name, now which Domain Registry?

After racking my brain I finally came up with a name for my company. What's the best reasonable site to purchase a domain?
It's about $9 on Porkbun (cheaper)
The domain is about $12 on GoDaddy for year one and $20 after.

Do you think it matter matter much?

Comments

• cloudmatecloudmate NAT Warrior

It Depends on Provider to Provider. Like We provide it at a Flat 9.82$/Year regardless of First Year or Recurring year but Some Companies like Godaddy goes on a Different Plan. They take 5.7$/Year for First Year and 12.84$/Year for Recurring Year and in this Practice, They gain profits.

Likewise, You can also try ResellerClub because they are the most preffered choice as they have every type of Integration Module for Resellers.

There are 3 Types of Sellers of Domains:
    1. Registrar which has direct Contract with Registry.
    2. Intelluctual Property Agencies which is also in direct contract with Registrar and Registry and Gets a Bit Higher prices than Registrars.
    3. End Resellers which has contact with Registrar and gets a low price than End Customers but cannot interfere in any abuse matters as it is between Registrar and End Customer.

Thanked by [1] : DeluxeNames

Shared Hosting | VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers

Ankesh Anand
    LHY Technologies
    CEO
    ankesh@cloudmate.in

• MegMeg Link Clerk

I think GoDaddy would be a smart choice. From what I've heard they are very reliable.

• SylviaSylvia Link Clerk

Be sure to do an extensive research before settling on a host. Each host provides unique features and as such it is upon you to pick one that best matches your specific needs. There's no one size fits all when it comes to choosing a host.