Which Domain Registrar Offers the Most Privacy Hiding WHOis?

GOBGOB BeginerNAT Warrior
edited April 2021 in Hosting Discussion & News

I moved my domains to Cloudflare's domain registrar before realizing that they only offer WHOIS redaction rather than full proxy/private domain registration.

Unfortunately redaction still leaves the Country & State fields visible and unredacted. As I understand it, this is required by ICANN regulation, and the only way to get around it is to either use a fake address (risking domain revocation) or use a true proxy/private registration service.

Thus I'm looking for 3rd party services that might be able to give me an address I could update my WHOIS info with. Unfortunately I haven't found anything. Most proxy/privacy services are tied to a specific registrar and can't be used unless your domains are hosted with that registrar.

Domains By Proxy used to be a 3rd party service that could be used with any registrar but now they're part of GoDaddy and no longer allow signing up directly through them.

Do services like this exist anymore or could you risk losing your domain due to icanna's rules concerning accurate domain registration info?