What is the difference between web hosting and cloud hosting?

GOBGOB BeginerNAT Warrior

What is the difference between web hosting and cloud hosting?

Are they almost the same?

Comments

• I am not a tech savvy or IT person, but from my little knowledge web hosting is when a hosting provider allocates a space on their server for a website. While cloud hosting has to do with hosting in the clouds with multiple servers. I wont say they are the same because when it come to web hosting, there could be more than one website on a server and this could affect the performance of a website. While cloud hosting has the advantage to move from one server to another to enhance performance of a website.

Thanked by [1] : GOB
  • AndersonMikeAndersonMike Link Clerk

Web hosting is a service that involves storing site files on a server. On the other hand, Cloud hosting represents storage located in virtual space.

Thanked by [1] : GOB
  • GOBGOB Beginer NAT Warrior

@AndersonMike said:
    Web hosting is a service that involves storing site files on a server. On the other hand, Cloud hosting represents storage located in virtual space.

Thank you sincerely

• Cloud hosting is a service that exists on multiple servers. Instead of on one shared server, your site is hosted in the cloud. While Web hosting is a service that exists with multiple websites on them