Should I get private hosted email?

GOBGOB BeginerNAT Warrior
edited May 2021 in Hosting Discussion & News

So I'm kind of new at this.

I have an experimental website that i use to practice wordpress on. I loaded Elementor and have hosting service with SiloHost.

I created a contact form, but having no luck getting emails delivered to my hotmail account.

Do i need a private email account added to my regular hosting account?

If my Contact FORM is setup to FORWARD information to my Yahoo email address, why would i need Email service?

Thanks for your input...

Comments

• OliverOliver Link Clerk

There might be something wrong with your setup since the emails should get forwarded. Maybe you could contact the host's support and see if they can assist?

Thanked by [1] : GOB
  • AndersonMikeAndersonMike Link Clerk

A private hosted email is much less stressful and more convenient. I'd recommend you go that route.

• I will recommend you revisit the logic used in creating the form and the submit box. Hope you didn't make any mistake in the email you used in the hyperlink section in the code. So try that out by debugging and correct if there is any syntax or logic error. I await a good response of success from you soonest.

• cloudmatecloudmate NAT Warrior

@GOB said:

I have an experimental website that i use to practice wordpress on. I loaded Elementor and have hosting service with SiloHost.

I created a contact form, but having no luck getting emails delivered to my hotmail account.

If my Contact FORM is setup to FORWARD information to my Yahoo email address, why would i need Email service?

Thanks for your input...

Let me tell you the problem.... If you have setup the Contact Form on Wordpress, then your Setup is correct probably. The problem is SPAM. New Domain Emails always goes to SPAM in the begginning. Just check the SPAM folder if its delivered there. And there is no need of Private Business Email unless needed to Send Email or conserve privacy.

Regards
    Your Well Wisher!

Shared Hosting | VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers

Ankesh Anand
    CloudMate Softwares
    Managing Director
    ankesh@cloudmate.in

• Having hosted private mail isn't a problem but the problem is SPAM. It will encourage some levels of privacy.

• GOBGOB Beginer NAT Warrior

@cloudmate said:

@GOB said:

Thanks for your input...

Let me tell you the problem.... If you have setup the Contact Form on Wordpress, then your Setup is correct probably. The problem is SPAM. New Domain Emails always goes to SPAM in the begginning. Just check the SPAM folder if its delivered there. And there is no need of Private Business Email unless needed to Send Email or conserve privacy.

Regards
    Your Well Wisher!

Thank you! You were correct, it was in my spam folder!

• GOBGOB Beginer NAT Warrior

@Ibukunabel said:
    Having hosted private mail isn't a problem but the problem is SPAM. It will encourage some levels of privacy.

You both were correct on the spam.

Thank you sincerely

• cloudmatecloudmate NAT Warrior

@GOB said:

@Ibukunabel said:
    Having hosted private mail isn't a problem but the problem is SPAM. It will encourage some levels of privacy.

You both were correct on the spam.

Thank you sincerely

Solving SPAM is easy, Send Email through 2nd Level Sub Domain of the Main Domain and it will get delivered in Promotions in the begginning but as time passes, helps your domain emails to get into inbox directly.

Shared Hosting | VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers

Ankesh Anand
    CloudMate Softwares
    Managing Director
    ankesh@cloudmate.in