html??

sfnum8sfnum8 BeginnerLink Clerk
I am making a "link to us" page for my site and I want to put the code so that they can copy and paste the html coding for a banner link to their site how do i keep the coding from showing up as a banner link on my page.

Thanks
http://www.mansfieldareadirectory.com

Comments

• tntcheatstntcheats Senior Member The Royal RAM
    <a href=“[url]http://www.url.com”>NAME<&rt;[/url]
    =
    <a href="[url]http://www.url.com">NAME</a>[/url]

< = <
    “ = “
    ” = ” 
    > = >

Now let's just see if the board renders this right :lol:
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    or you could put the code in a text area which lots of people do... :)
    But tnt's way is better.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    well if i was doing it id place it in a text area. it then seperates it from the rest of the site and makes it stand out a bit

The Royal Ram

• CoreyBryantCoreyBryant Beginner Link Clerk
    I would agree with Python - usually the text area is best becuase if they copy it from the webpage & try to paste it into some WYSIWYG editors without converting it to text, it can be rendered incorrectly. Placing it into a text area helps to prevent this. There are still a lot of people that use WYSIWYG editors & do not understand they usually need to do this.
    Why would you be copying html into a wysiwyg?
  • CoreyBryantCoreyBryant Beginner Link Clerk
    Well a WYSIWYG editor has an HTML view - that is what I meant. I have seen a lot of people who are new & use a WYSIWYG editor do not understand why when they copy code it does not work properly. I know that Front Page 2003 has actually gotten a lot better with this. I am not too certain about Dreamweaver, I have not had a chance to check that out.
  • ChroderChroder Senior Member The Royal RAM
    You should still covnert <>'s to &lt; and &gt; because HTML inside a textarea is still HTML, and it's bad practice.
  • rallyfanrallyfan Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    i use text area when i had dnacities.net as a gaming site that lated a few weeks and i had 30 different people to that site at that time.

lol

text area are much more easier to see and they will always catch your eyes.
    for the sake of old times!

:)
  • chippinchippin Beginner Link Clerk
    well if i had to copy a bit of html code into a webpage id just use notepad to paste it in. so i think a text box would be better
  • ezdeeezdee Beginner Link Clerk
    a text box with a bit of javascript so when clicking a link it would automatically select the contents of the text box, perhaps it could even copy it to the computers clipboard
  • kinkkink serious member VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    &nsbp:
    What?
    I hope your not giving me reason to remove my first post...