Please Help Configure DNS

AlphaRacksAlphaRacks Link Clerk
edited May 2021 in Hosting Discussion & News

I'm a graphic designer and preparing to enter the hosting industry. I'm having troubles routing a client's domain to different paths.

Domain bought in Route53 managed in CloudFlare, hosting in GoDaddy. Some landing pages from clickfunnels,

Client wants MX records to godaddy cpanel webmail, that's done.

Client wants example.com and a few other subdomains pointing to clickfunnels landing pages, that's done, I added CNAME record @ to point to clickfunnels and CNAME records for the subdomains.

client wants blog.example.com pointing to godaddy host. For the life of jesuschrist I can't figure out if I have to add an A record pointing to the IP of my host (already tried but nothing happened but don't know if it was because of propagation time) or an alias or a AAA record, you get the idea.

When I go to example.com/blog it redirects to the main clickfunnels landing page

Thanks for your help

Comments

• cloudmatecloudmate NAT Warrior

@AlphaRacks said:
    I'm a graphic designer and preparing to enter the hosting industry. I'm having troubles routing a client's domain to different paths.

Domain bought in Route53 managed in CloudFlare, hosting in GoDaddy. Some landing pages from clickfunnels,

Client wants MX records to godaddy cpanel webmail, that's done.

Client wants example.com and a few other subdomains pointing to clickfunnels landing pages, that's done, I added CNAME record @ to point to clickfunnels and CNAME records for the subdomains.

client wants blog.example.com pointing to godaddy host. For the life of jesuschrist I can't figure out if I have to add an A record pointing to the IP of my host (already tried but nothing happened but don't know if it was because of propagation time) or an alias or a AAA record, you get the idea.

When I go to example.com/blog it redirects to the main clickfunnels landing page

Thanks for your help

AAA records are for IPv6. If you play with DNS, Keep a VPN with you also. Whenever you add an A Record, Wait just TTL time you set it to and then Connect to the VPN and Load the SubDomain/Domain and Propogation in VPN would be immediate.
    Most ISPs Update the record every 24 hours and whichever use Google DNS will get updated every 1 hour. My ISP Uses Google but I configured my own DNS into router so that Every DNS is updated per second.

Also, No DNS Records Error code is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN .

Final Words, Keep a VPN with you if you play with DNS

Shared Hosting | VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers

Ankesh Anand
    CloudMate Softwares
    Managing Director
    ankesh@cloudmate.in