Cyberpanel is a Security Risk & Not Ready for Enterprise

I posted this elsewhere but want to say it again. Cyberpanel is buggy, has cybersecurity risks and is not ready for Commercial use.

I tested it because it is 1 of the very few panels that works with OpenLiteSpeed and LiteSpeed Enterprise webserver. The positives of OpenLiteSpeed and LiteSpeed Enterprise is that both of these webservers are light and very fast (often faster than Apache and NGINX) without much configuration.
However CyberPanel is full of problems.

Cyberpanel creates www subdomains by default, but using their tool to issue Let's Encrypt SSL just issues the certificate for the root domain (and not the subdomain) leading to browser displaying errors about the site being insecure.

"If you want we can debug for you but for that, you must have any paid plan." - CyberPanel Support Guy

If it wasn't so buggy and broken, it could be a decent panel... but it seems they care more about SaaS greed than making a quality panel. They're pushing cloud.cyberpanel.net as a subscription support service with features that should of been free (like basic troubleshooting tools that tell you what ports are open or not) locked behind a fking paywall!

I have a feeling they'll make the panel closed source and try to monetize the hell out of it.

Before the upgrade to version 2.1.1 I had SSL issues, with CyberPanel sometimes failing to auto-renew my Let's Encrypt certs. Email worked alright, although it was a bit of a fight to setup DKIM. Eventually got it working and was somewhat happy with the results... But then the update broke email and I couldn't receive email (but I could still send email fine). I then followed their announcement instructions and connected my panel to their cloud, updated it (which gave an error), talked to support again and they supposedly updated it. Things went downhill from there after continuing to talk to the support, which of course continued to push toward buying paid support. I couldn't send email by the time I got done talking to them. Email was completely broken.

I'm now in the process of trying to redeploy a fresh new server, and that's going painfully. I may just end up going back to Apache and some sort of free open source panel, although my website will take a pretty large performance hit. I'm currently on the free tier of Oracle Cloud, so the VPS I'm using is not all that powerful.

Comments

• cloudmatecloudmate NAT Warrior

@DigiData said:
    I posted this elsewhere but want to say it again. Cyberpanel is buggy, has cybersecurity risks and is not ready for Commercial use.

I tested it because it is 1 of the very few panels that works with OpenLiteSpeed and LiteSpeed Enterprise webserver. The positives of OpenLiteSpeed and LiteSpeed Enterprise is that both of these webservers are light and very fast (often faster than Apache and NGINX) without much configuration.
    However CyberPanel is full of problems.

Cyberpanel creates www subdomains by default, but using their tool to issue Let's Encrypt SSL just issues the certificate for the root domain (and not the subdomain) leading to browser displaying errors about the site being insecure.

"If you want we can debug for you but for that, you must have any paid plan." - CyberPanel Support Guy

If it wasn't so buggy and broken, it could be a decent panel... but it seems they care more about SaaS greed than making a quality panel. They're pushing cloud.cyberpanel.net as a subscription support service with features that should of been free (like basic troubleshooting tools that tell you what ports are open or not) locked behind a fking paywall!

I have a feeling they'll make the panel closed source and try to monetize the hell out of it.

Before the upgrade to version 2.1.1 I had SSL issues, with CyberPanel sometimes failing to auto-renew my Let's Encrypt certs. Email worked alright, although it was a bit of a fight to setup DKIM. Eventually got it working and was somewhat happy with the results... But then the update broke email and I couldn't receive email (but I could still send email fine). I then followed their announcement instructions and connected my panel to their cloud, updated it (which gave an error), talked to support again and they supposedly updated it. Things went downhill from there after continuing to talk to the support, which of course continued to push toward buying paid support. I couldn't send email by the time I got done talking to them. Email was completely broken.

I'm now in the process of trying to redeploy a fresh new server, and that's going painfully. I may just end up going back to Apache and some sort of free open source panel, although my website will take a pretty large performance hit. I'm currently on the free tier of Oracle Cloud, so the VPS I'm using is not all that powerful.

We are currently using CyberPanel for Enterprise but Haven't seen these Issues!

Shared Hosting | VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers

Ankesh Anand
    CloudMate Softwares
    Managing Director
    ankesh@cloudmate.in