adding things to my website

rallyfanrallyfan Advanced UserVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
www.hairpinleft.com is a very good site of mine but i want other things on the layout, could anyone help me think what it needs to make the layout better and easier to use. i also want to put some more images on the layout but cant think were.
for the sake of old times!

:)

Comments

• dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    rallyfan, i think you should worry about content first... :roll: I don't much of anything except some photos...

anyway, i like the graphics you use for the main banners - looks awesome... :shock:
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    i suggest that you write up some keyword intense content. maybe some tutorials about cars. maybe even car specifications.

get something which your visitors will like and is also unique from other car sites.

The Royal Ram

• rallyfanrallyfan Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    i have car specifications you nutter!!!!

i get quite a lot of people to the site but they ignore the forum and they just visit the gallery.

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    ive not looked at your gallery but what about comments under the pictures? using certain words may also help your PR
    takes ages to upload the gallery as it is.

can anyone think of a quick way. to upload the thumbnails and the main size plus adding the target="_blank" it takes time i need help on it im telling you.

xbmwmys do you wanna help me with dnacities.net and hairpinleft.com and you will get
    advertising.

resize your images to like 150x150 call them imagenamehere_thumb.jpg and have the original imagenamehere.jpg

create your site and insert the thumbnails in the page, and link the picture so when its clicked it will go straight to that image???
    or if you dont want to do that put less pictures on a page and it iwll load quicker
    well its lucky thats what i do know. but its still too long takes me 1hr to make a gallery for one rally with about 20pics on it.

oooh just checked your site
    you have done that
    have you got photoshop elements?

it has a built in feature to create a gallery, not the best gallery in the world but not bad and its quicker than doing it manually
    i suggest a gallery script :)

The Royal Ram

nah too much hassle!

not really. their easy to setup and most come with an admin panel for easy image management.

it would only take 3mins to setup.

The Royal Ram

well when you come bk from cardiff you can help me or tell me how to set one up because im not 100% sure.

im 65%

im not in cardiff. i might be leaving tomorrow though.

their easy. just find a script at www.hotscripts.com and follow the readome file included

The Royal Ram

well i'll see if i can do one!