i need hosting and domain

tonytony ModeratorAdministrator
Rite, i have a free host (my link below...feel free to click the adds if you visit :P)
i have everything i want witht hem but im trying to register a domain with them and its becoming a pian in the ass, as nobody ever gets back to me

so what i want is hosting with
50-100mb
1gb bandwidth (a month)
php
mySQL (minimum 5)
email (atleast 3)
ftp (atleast 1)
Cpanel
if possible
java asp and coldfusion

no adds and domain name

now obviously im not expecting to get it for free like i have now
but as cheap as possible and a reliable server

cheers
tony

i have a totally new design, i just want to get it uploaded :(

Comments

• CoreyBryantCoreyBryant Beginner Link Clerk
    One thing to keep in mind, PHP / mySQL is usually on *NIX & ASP / MS Access / MSSQL is usually on Windows. Windows can run PHP, but some PHP apps do not run properly on Windows. And *NIX can have ChiliASP installed, but once again, some ASP applications might not run as good on Windows.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    you might want to check out www.vivehosting.com

this site is hosted with them and theyre very reliable and their a great service.
    they dont come with a domain though but you could probably get a .com domain for about $8

The Royal Ram

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    yea i know about the windows and unix servers and coldfusion/asp probably not running well on unix servers but its still good to try and get ti seen as my site is mostly for uni scripts ill be making, which will cover all those languages

thatnks python i thik ive alread had a look at them but ill check them out again
  • rallyfanrallyfan Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    go for vivehosting.com devdreams uses them and i do and so do fortoune87, i would recommend vivehosting big time. the support is good and you will be with his gang.

lol
    for the sake of old times!

:)
    well i checked out their packages and for the moment they are too big (that sounds a bit iffy)
    i mean hosting packages :P
    anyway yea the bandwidth and space is way over what i need so ive asked if he would do a custom package for the time being, so ill see what his reply is.
    ill ask him right now for you. i might get a reply sooner since im one of his clients

i emailed him before and i mentioned that the owner of evdreams told me about his site
    although it may help does he have msn or aol that hes signed onto? i checked aol before but it said he was offline
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    xehost.com is much cheaper...
    and go to domainsite.com - $6.99 for a .com... :D
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    **NOTE - do not post his contact address here. he wont be too happy. tony im gonna pm you it now

The Royal Ram

i want the domain and hosting from the same person saves loads of trouble for the sake of an extra £1-2
    ok cheers python although if its the 1 on his site i have already checked to see if hes on
    he has an msn address and its a rather easy one to figure out!

yea ive just messaged him, it says hes away
    What the hell is this extra hassle about changing nameservers?
    lol.
    Plus you can buy domains from xehost too...
    I'm telling you. They are a Lot cheaper.
    dont listen to him!

vivehosting.com is way better.

How? Why is it better?
    The only problem I have had with xehost is that my site was down for a day because they were getting new better servers...
    And they replied to my email about it in about 10 mins... :D lol.
    xehost.com doesnt have a website
    it says it cant be found
  • JayDesignsJayDesigns Beginner Link Clerk
    I can completely sort you out with a domain and hosting. I can get you a .com domain for £5 and hosting at £4 a month, all payable through paypal.

E-mail me at jay@jaydesigns.co.uk if you interested.
    JayDesigns.co.uk
    its ok jay, i was looking to pay yearly and about £20 for the year, which ive already been offered a few times, im just seing if anyone can do it close to that with jsp/asp/coldfusion or as many of them as possiblr
    do they do custom plans?
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    What the hell is this extra hassle about changing nameservers?
    lol.
    Plus you can buy domains from xehost too...
    I'm telling you. They are a Lot cheaper.

XEhost is know to have bad service though.
    I have been with them several months now and it's not great I'll admit, but it's certainly not bad.
    do they do custom plans though?

i emailed them yesterday and asking if they do, still waiting for a reply
    althoughim not too bothered about response times so long as the server is fairly reliable
    I don't think they do normally do custom plans, but tell them the owner of kaziaz.com sent you to them... :)
    i emailed them and said 1 of their customers told me about them i didnt put your site (cos i didnt know it) that was yesterday....still no reply
    There was an error or somehting recently with the inbox of one of their addresses...
    Don't know which, but maybe that's why...
    lol, this host isnt looking very good
    i just tried there contact form (which you get because their live help is offline) and it said error
    if they cant keep their own site going properly, what chance have they got with mine
    Then go somewhere else...
    I was just trying to be helpfull and I ahve never had a serious problem with them.
    its not a choice of going with them or not, theyre not even giving me the option of beinghosted with them as they dont reply, so i think i will have to g somewhere else
This discussion has been closed.