new design

ok what do you think of my new design?
its based partly on another site i seen

the button thats a different colour is what it will be like when the user moves the mouse over the button

im not sure on the logo at the top et that was just a quick design

but erm yea any comment or suggestions?

cheers

Comments

• dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    Hi Tony,

1. Nice overall
    2. I'd make the color of the mouse-over more distinct that the other buttons
    3. I'd put some text graphics in the banner
    4. I'd change the blue to a darker tone (that matches the banner more) for the main body.
    5. I'd put a little more graphics into the main body.

Regards.
  • PoAPoA Beginner Link Clerk
    Nice, clean and simple with easy navigation. But only one thing is I dont really like the background color.
  • tntcheatstntcheats Senior Member The Royal RAM
    I don't like the light blue bar seperating the top image with the main body of the page.

Try to use CSS on this design, it'll be a lot easier and better than using tables and javascript :)
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i have been using css :D

i will be using text on the banner at the top im still trying to make my logo, i dont think that fits in with the design very well, it was just put there for a rough idea

i may change the colour of the mouseovers as im not too sure about that colour anyway

and yea i may include more graphics to break the page up a little bit

thanks for the feedback
  • rallyfanrallyfan Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    its not the design i would use for a webmaster site. it's more of a buisnnes website.

top marks i wouldnt have the patientce just to make a random template
    for the sake of old times!

:)
    i make loads of templates (nothing special though just a mess around) thats by far the hardest 1 although some of the code has been copied

ive added text to my banner and made that darker to fit in with the design alittle bit more although it still doesnt look rite
    ive made it :D
    http://www.sinergy-media.com

i did listen to your words of wisdom, and i kinda only changed the banner a bit (which im still not happy with, so if anyone fancies having a go), ill change the rest at a later date i just wanted to get it online first

thanks for the feedback though
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    design looks really nice.
    would there be any compensation for a logo?
    :)
    a link to your site?
    forum $$s???
    im a student and a general tight arse