cPanel vs zPanel

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
Whats the difference if any between cpanel and zpanel hosting control panels?

Are they made by the same people?

The Royal Ram

Comments

• pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    I dont think thye are made by the same people
    But i dont think i would like to use zpanel just because im used to Cpanel

sorry for no caps or punct. but im in a hurry
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    Its like a free version of cpanel, theres not that much difference really and if you play with it for an hour you would be used to it, although theres somethings it just does different to cpanel which seems weird so id just stick to cpanel
  • cptnwinkycptnwinky Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Looks like zPanel has plans to remove linux support. This is enough to keep me from using it.
    PM me for small freelance php jobs.
    I have never been too needy but I lost my job due to the company shutting down our location. I just had a child and live in a pretty depressed area at the moment. I need some freelance work fairly bad.
  • efmefm Beginner Link Clerk
    ZPanel was originally designed to be a hosting control panel for windows servers. It was never designed for linux, it just ended up having linux support later on. No, it is not just a 'free version of cpanel' and no, it is not designed by the same people. I am friends with Kris Anderson, the guy that owns and independantly develops ZPanel, and I'm an active member of theZPanel community. Although version 2.0 still has some problems and lack of minor features, v2.5 is going to have, in my opinion, better features than Cpanel hands down, including a built-in ftp server, automatic signup confirmations, and direct payments through paypal with the ZPanel system.

If you have any other questions, you may contact me at efmweb at gmail dot com or on AIM at efmweb.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    ahh thanks for the explaination - maybe ill give it a go someday

The Royal Ram

• voormavoorma Member NAT Warrior
    Zpanel, i used to use it for my own webhost at my own computer but stopped using it cause i stopped using my http server:P but theres not a big diffrence between cpanel and zpanel....
    cpanel looks more proffesional if you ask me
    voorma5ny.jpg