flash questions

Alright well im starting wit Flash MX 2004 pro and im wondering how u save files to be viewed in a browser? i uploaded a file that saved it as an HTML file and i didnt even see it then. how do i need to save them for use on the web? am i missing something? i made a basic flash web layout to see if it would work and nothing http://dmcdeadfingers.0catch.com/dmcdante.html thats the file i uploaded idk if u guys can see it. then i have another question, when i want to link things together say wit a button, can i link them like in the way HTML does it? like u know how in HTML u can have "myfile.html" to link to that page? well can u do that wit flash also? could i put the URL of the file like "myfile.fla" as well? or do i need to have it another way? i want to have them linking to my computer to see if the links work before i upload the files thanx.
sig.jpg

Comments

• Raven2424Raven2424 Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I belive if you make a flash creation you go to file export move then it should save as a .swf file then you open ur web page.html and then add the swf well thats how i do it let me know if it works
    XR-Host.com Free templates, Tutorials, Scripts and more!! Great Site with lots content from templates, logos, Scripts, Tutorials and more!
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    The fla file is only used in design-time. You should publish your work as a swf file. If you have a swf file named myflash.swf, you can put the code below into the body section of a html file:
    <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
     codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
     WIDTH="160" HEIGHT="600" id="myflash" ALIGN="">
     <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="myflash.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#000000> <EMBED src="myflash.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#000000  WIDTH="160" HEIGHT="600" NAME="myflash" ALIGN=""
     TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Don't save your work. Publish it as html and swf and upload both to the same place and voila.
  • deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    hmmm so ok i have the HTML file but to save it as a SWF file i export it then right? and i wasnt aware that u need to attach flash stuff to an HTML page as well. can i just make flash websites pure flash witout attaching them to another HTML file? im gonna see how i can upload both. also can u guys help me out wit the linking stuff? alright well i uploaded the HTML one and the swf file and nothing happened, it doesnt show or anything. what am i doing wrong?
    sig.jpg
  • Raven2424Raven2424 Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I think your getting there i would just save ur project as a .swf then create a html page and stick it in. But like Cannonballguy said you can do it that way, because when you save the project it makes the html file for you and adds the swf in so you dont have to do anyhting but upload the 2 files to you hosting provider. :D
    XR-Host.com Free templates, Tutorials, Scripts and more!! Great Site with lots content from templates, logos, Scripts, Tutorials and more!
    well idk i uploaded those 2 files and nothing. i even uploaded some files from this CD that shows u how to do flash and i still got nothing wth? is there any way to at least check to see if i did it right? maybe my host doesnt do flash stuff, its free anyways so i doubt they let me. im just using that host for now to show ppl my stuff via email and what not. and how bout that linking help? ;)
    sig.jpg
    All you do is "PUBLISH" the flash movie as a .html file AND a .swf file.
    Upload both to exactly the same place and if you have Flash Support, IT WILL WORK.
    ok great, by default it does the HTML and SWF file when u publish right? im pretty sure my FREE host doesnt have flash support since its free, but im gonna try other hosts. great thanx for ur help. now can anyone help wit my linking problems?
    sig.jpg
    What linking problems? If you upload both the swf and html files to the same directory and you have flash support, IT WILL WORK!
    no no no, i mean like im having trouble making links. i need to know how to link wit files on y computer. like how i would have the pages link to other pages in Flash. get me? like how u can link in HTMl by adding like "file.html" . how is it done in Flash? i tried the
    on (release) {

//Goto Webpage Behavior
    getURL("1.swf","_self");
    //End Behavior

}

and when i check it it says it cant find the file im looking for wth? if u can help me soon id be very greatful!
    sig.jpg
    can anyone help me at all? please im desperate and i need to know this soon!
    sig.jpg
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    To link horizontal text to a URL:

1a. Use the Text tool to select text in a text block.
    1b. Use the Arrow tool to select a text block on the Stage (to link all the text in the block)
    2. If the Property inspector is not already displayed, choose Window > Properties.
    3. For Link, enter the URL to which you want to link the text block.
    umm ok??? lol sorry man that wasnt what i was asking, i just want to know how to link but thanx anyways.
    sig.jpg