C# Sweetness!

cptnwinkycptnwinky Junior MemberShared Hoster
http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/

I just found this tool written completely in C#. I am glad too as I can't afford MS Visual Studio and this looks to be a suitable GPL replacement.
PM me for small freelance php jobs.
I have never been too needy but I lost my job due to the company shutting down our location. I just had a child and live in a pretty depressed area at the moment. I need some freelance work fairly bad.

Comments

• david_sakhdavid_sakh Junior Member Shared Hoster
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    when you say MS Visual Studio...has Visual Basic got anything to do with this?

The Royal Ram

• cptnwinkycptnwinky Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Yes visual studio is the IDE and compiler for VB
    I have never been too needy but I lost my job due to the company shutting down our location. I just had a child and live in a pretty depressed area at the moment. I need some freelance work fairly bad.
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    Captain, o my Captain,

Besides programming web scripts, do you do client/server programming? I mean fat clients with tools like Visual Studio?
    No not really. I am starting to teach myself as I love to keep learning.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    I have Visual Basic on CD :)

The Royal Ram

It's a hell lot more complicated than web scripting. I spent the first 5 years of my working life doing Visual Basic and C/C++.
    I am figuring that out slowly. I think php spoiled me in its ease of use.
    I don't think it's PHP that spoiled you. It's the web environment. Since it's thin-client, you don't expect to be as flexible and as powerful as compared to writing a proper program.

Just compare the most complex web interface with Microsoft Word. No comparison in complexity!
    Well theres no doubt in my mind that I was spoiled by php's do***entation. No one else even comes close to explaining things that clearly.

I agree though with the complexity. Something like connecting to a db and displaying results in php is fairly simple, for vb.net add about 10 steps.
  • kinkkink serious member VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    hey used to be yu could buy the seperate parts of visual studio for about 60 bucks
  • deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    indeed C++/C is much more advanced than any sort of web coding by far. I dont know much PHP but even just learning the basics of C++/C makes PHP seem like a piece of cake! lol but yeah im glad to be learning this new language, much better imo.
    sig.jpg