smooth drop down menus

http://www.nhimassage.com/ see how this site has smooth "drop down menus", well in this case side menus. anyways i have an idea how to make this. i know i need to make a movie clip of that "menu" sliding out like that, and i can make it as smooth as i want, but how do i add it to a link? like in the site? also how do i add links to the menu? do i add those from previously made buttons and slap them onto the menu while making the MC? i hope u understand me. i want to be able to mouseover a link and have that menu slide out and have other links. like in the site. if theres a tutorial on this please give me the link, im checking tutorialized.com for them.
sig.jpg

Comments

• SEbasicSEbasic Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    They didn't use flash.

It's Javascript.

If you use flash (Or JS for the forseeable future), you site will not be spiderable by the likes of G and Y!

I suggest you look into CSS dropdown menus, they are easier to produce, and also SE friendly.
    Rave it up.
  • deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    http://www.cbtcafe.com/flash/flyoutmenu/flyoutmenus.html i found this, i know they can be made wit flash as well. i was thinking that was made wit Javascript, i havent really got into CSS, i want to though i know its much easier to use, but for now Flash is at the top of my list for now.
    sig.jpg
    ok after about an hour of trying that tutorial i just found out that it was for Flash 5! rrr. so is there a tutorial for this for MX 2k4?
    sig.jpg
    well i dl the file from that tutorial and it works in MX so i can do the same thing, yet my actionscript for mine is messed up or something, even when i copy and paste the script from the actual file from the tutorial, i think i missed something. oh well ill just replace the buttons and menu pics and symbols wit mine. :)
    sig.jpg