Editing images in Flash

Alright well i want to know how to edit images in Flash wit photoshop images. i was trying to import an image i made in PS and i wanted to erase parts of it in flash little by little and animate it so that it looks like its being "created", like the handwriting animation where it looks like its writing someting out. im doing this but wit a picture, and idk how to edit the image i flash :confused: i converted to a symbol, a MC and graphic and nothing so whats going on?
sig.jpg

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    there are tow possibilities that i know of:

Alpha effect
    Insert the graphic and then create a keyframe 20 frames ahead. Motion tween them. Click on the graphic at the first frame. Go to the effects window and select Alpha from the drop down menu. Set this to 0. Click on frame 20 and set the alpha to 100(should be set already). Then that will make the image fade in.

or...

Use a mask to cover up a part of the image so that it slowly reveals it...too long to explain here but Ill explain if interested.

Then to to

The Royal Ram

• deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    lol sorry man i dont think u understand my question. i know what i need to do http://www.designsequence.net/data/v2/index.php?page=hand this is done with text, i want to do the same effect but with a sketch of a picture, i made a sketch of a picture using filters and whatnot in PS7. ok so if u follow the tutorial in the link u need to erase the letters little by little so the animation is smooth and looks like its being written. know what i want to know is if u can edit pictures that were not created in Flash with MX flash? get me? i make a picture in Photoshop and then import it into flash, so then how can i edit it so i can erase the sketch lines so that it appears as though its being drawn? i know how to animate it but i need to know how to erase the parts of the pic so i can continue. i know this is prob something thats very very simple but its not working, i try to erase parts of the pic and it doesnt stay erased.
    sig.jpg
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    ahh i understand. to edit pictures in flash click on the graphic, click on 'modify' and the choclk on 'Break apart' Do this twice. you will now be able to slowly delet secions of the image.

The Royal Ram

• deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    ahhh thanx a lot man, id figured that but didnt try it. heh in the tutorial it says to do that to the text to edit it but i didnt know that would work wit the images as well thanx!
    sig.jpg