Small Question

ForgeForge Senior MemberThe Royal RAM
Does anyone know how to do this:

Like in email, you can select multiple things, and delete them. Id like to do that with my admin area to make things easier. Anyone know how to do this? Put everything into an array? Or what? This must be done using PHP and mySQL...
Can fat people Go skinny Dipping?

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    I dont understand what you mean by select multiple things....

The Royal Ram

• ForgeForge Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Use a basic HTMl checkbox <input type="checkbox"> and when you select 1 for each thing, (like in email or private mesasages). And you hit delete. It deletes the ones you have selected...
  • ForgeForge Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Come on people, I really need this !!
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    This is the only way I can think of:

1. Query a database for a set of items
    2. Create a for loop. In the for loop, for each item, echo out a check box. The value property of each checkbox must be unique to the item
    3. When the user selects some of the check boxes and clicks on a button, update the database to tell the database about the user's selection
    4. Perform 1 and 2 again - this time around, exclude the user's selection. This can be done by using a flag column in the database table.

I would suggest having everything in a single PHP file that is called recursively. Put a condition right up front to check if you're performing a display of checkboxes or whether you're updating the database with the user's selection.