Got A forum, Need Help, Are U My Solution?

Hello Everyone,

How would I get more members to my forums: http://community.kkportfolio.net!

I have a few things in mind, but I need your opinions or suggestions!

Idea Nr 1,

Get a point system on my site, so people can earn points for creating posts and threads ( a bit like this one ) But remember I have an IPB board, is this even possible?

With the points they will be able to buy templates, or my services.
Or they can buy advertising on my site, like a link on every page or something.

Idea Nr 2,

Offer people free GMail invites ( i got twelve to give ).

Idea Nr 3,

please insert your idea right here, and help me out please, thank you.
Klaas Koopman's Quality Services
- My Portfolio Site
- Webmaster Forums

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    How to get more members. thats the million dollar question(or however much your adsense account pays, lol)

Idea 1 - Yeah you could install a point system on your board and it would increase your post amounts. Youd have to offer something good in the store though and yeah, advertising and your services is a great start. And yes, it can be done with ipb

Idea 2 - Gmail accounts wont bring in many members since they are available all over the place. For example I gave away about 15 this month alone and no doubt there are loads of other people doing the same. I usually give them the gmail account and tell them that if theyd like to help me out they could register here ate devdreams.com - Although not all of them do.

My idea - Promote it, then advertise it....errr...then promote it again....then advertise it again...Oh and maybe promote it a couple hundreds more times too :)
    Get my drift?

The Royal Ram

• KlaasKoopmanKlaasKoopman Member NAT Warrior
    Lol thanks for helping out! ( got the link to IPB's hack btw? )

And yeah advertise of course, but how? what's the cheapest way, and how will my members stay etc etc etc! get my drift? :D
    - My Portfolio Site
    - Webmaster Forums
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    IMHO using points won't work unless there's a real reward... Like this forum DD, I won't complain if points are given to me but they're of no real value to me :)
    Ehm I think you didn't read that well then. People can buy templates, advertising or my services!
    - My Portfolio Site
    - Webmaster Forums
    Well i do plan for this site for users to be able to 'cash out' with their points here at devdreams. basically for every 100 points you have you could cash them out for a couple of dollars or something...need to learn more PHP first though...also need to sell a couple more advert spaces

The Royal Ram

hmm yes cash out sounds quite nice as well, but what if your earnings go very low and posting goes very high. I've seen it before...
    - My Portfolio Site
    - Webmaster Forums
    well basically I would have a terms of use where they can only cash out if theyve agreed to the terms. The terms will then say something like:

"If we dont have the funds available we do not have to pay you"

lol

The Royal Ram

lol very sneaky ;) but ussually it works :D
    - My Portfolio Site
    - Webmaster Forums
    yeah. because with that tos I would be legally safe :)

The Royal Ram

legally? cmon... whether or not you have the tos, no one's gonna do anything to you - go to court for a couple of bucks? time and processing will cost way, way, way more than that... :)
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    true... but it's just to be safe.
    After all, someone could save up 2000 points over several months... and that could add up to a few hundred bucks... They may not try to sue you, but they could try to make one hell of a fuss and drive people away...
    ^^ exactly

The Royal Ram

agreed and conceded...

but it'll be a little weird to put up terms like what P is suggesting - it'd be like saying, "ok, i'll give you this, but i may not have enough of it to give it to you.... i'm telling you now so don't blame me i it happens...{@}
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    But its the same anytime you sign up for something and it asks you to read the TOS or T&C's...
    Thats what all TOS's and T&C's are like.
  • voormavoorma Member NAT Warrior
    hmm.. why wouldn't youi? even if he read the TOS and you say that dont got enough money, he still can say that to people...
    voorma5ny.jpg
    well it´s not all about the sueing guys, I mean how about your online reputation. A lot of you can just get a new name and start over, but I´m using my Own Name, ( which stands for my business, quality ( if i have it ), and pricing ) So if I would do something like that, but without putting it in my TOS, it will give me a bad reputation. I'd just say to everyone READ THE TOS VERY WELL, I WARN YA! lol.

People will go to your forum anyway and hope they get the money so..
    - My Portfolio Site
    - Webmaster Forums