Using video clips in Flash

Alright ive been using flash a while but i just recently used it in conjuction wit some mpg movie files. i was helping forge make an intro wit his site and he wanted some trailers and clips from video games but when i imported them into flash and used them in my project i previewed them and they looked very pixelized and blurry. Why does this happen? the movie clips played by themselves looks very clear and crisp yet in flash they appear this way why? i asked someone and they told me it might be that flash is vector based therefore makes the blurring of pixels in the bitmaps used for the mpg, still wit me? lol so what could this mean? is there away around this? has anyone had probs like this also? thanx for ur help :D
sig.jpg

Comments

• martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    when you imported the movie there is a window that come up says what quality d you want the movie is that set at 100 percent?
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    hmmm im not sure if i remember? i know this video editing thing comes up but that about as far as i know.
    sig.jpg
  • bunjibunji Beginner Link Clerk
    Me knows! *Shakes hand in the air*

As it is plain to see, the size of the file also goes down. Its kinda hard to compress something in size without downgrading the quality. Plus, that isn't flash most intended job. If you want to make it look really snazzy, get a program that was born... I mean made to do it, solely.

If that doesn't work, you could always maybe try making it an Instant Quicktime file, but that's not so reliable.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    there is a way to do it because ive seen it done with nunchaku(numchuck) videos.

The Royal Ram

yeah i know theres gotta be a way, i know how to use video editing wit other programs but i dont have them and im not gonna use them anyways just for a FLASH intro thats gonna be like maybe 15 sec long lol anyone? anyone at all? whats nunchaku Python?
    sig.jpg
    nunchaku is a weapon...Ive been training with them for about 8 months now...I did have some videos of me a while back...cant seem to find them now.

See the attached pic of a bunny holding some nunchaku

The Royal Ram

lol ok i know its a weapon but i mean u said the videos were used using numchuks in flash, see ur post above mine? i was asking where those videos were so i could try and talk to them and see if they could help me maybe, lol but thanx
    sig.jpg
    ahh rite I see now. Hmmm...i did have the site saved in my IE fav's but no longer have them...

Ill look for you in a little bit

The Royal Ram

• voormavoorma Member NAT Warrior
    hmm *thinks* i wouldn't know
    voorma5ny.jpg
    lol seriously? sheez no one knows? man this kinda sucks id think this question would be answered easily lol guess not
    sig.jpg