Drawing tablets

Well id like to invest in a drawing tablet esp since i want to start doing my own anime style stuff and some flash games and a drawing tablet would help me a lot, ive seen some from the $100 comp usa ones to a more expensive so called "for the professional" tablets from Walcom or something and it was like $300, so whats ur recommendation? whats the best and what features?prices?
sig.jpg

Comments

• ArestiaArestia Member NAT Warrior
    wacom is great. i would say get the largest you can get cause it gives you so much more power than a mouse for computer drawing/painting

-Dan
    Arestia Design Studios / Synapse Corporate Solutions
    Daniel L. Rust - Lead Architect
    Seattle, WA
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    I used Wacom in my digital art class last year.
    It worked very well and i never had any problems with it.
    However I dont know how it matches up against the others.
  • deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    heh then i guess wacom wins my vote, even in this "Practical web projects:FLash games" magazine it showed off that same one saying it was the best i believe, looks pretty big to so no probs wit that, just a little ?? ok say i have pictures drawn out on paper could i lay the paper on the screen of the tablet then trace the lines and have it show up on the comp pretty well or is that a prob? i saw one that had like this little flip up transparent sheet and ud put pics under it and do it like that but it was like half the size.
    sig.jpg
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    wacom tablets are great i have a A4 size one and a smaller one :D
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    deadfingers, don't you have a scanner?
  • voormavoorma Member NAT Warrior
    why would you wanna use a scanner??
    with that tablet, its way more easier and editable.
    voorma5ny.jpg
    ditto, and no i dont but scanners are a pain for that id rather have full on digital pics made wit the tablet, ive used scanned pics before for small animations and wow what a hassle.
    sig.jpg
    What I was getting at, was: If you already have a scanner and the tablet with the "little flip up transparent sheet" is very expensive or too small, is it worth it....
    If the one with the "little flip up transparent sheet" doesn't have all the features you need, but you could get one that does and use your scanner instead of the "little flip up transparent sheet"...

If the one with the "little flip up transparent sheet" is not v. expensive/too small/whatever, then go for it.
    huh? lol i dont see how a scanner would play into that then? lol i see what ur prob trying to say that i can scan them and edit them wit a scanner, i didnt see that the wacom one had the sheet on it but i think i would want to get it as long it wasnt tooo expensive.
    sig.jpg
    What I meant was... That if you wanted to put stuff you already drew onto the computer, but the tablet that could do that was very expensive or too small, then you could just buy a simpler cheaper/bigger tablet and use a scanner to get tyhe stuff you already drew on your PC...
    yeah i hear that and thats a pretty good idea but when u draw pics on paper u get this smudge grayish look on the paper and the pencil lines are usually not very distinct or whatnot and so i think id rather dish out the cash for a good one and not have to worry bout hassles but thanx for the idea.
    sig.jpg
    yeah. Ok... I was just kinda thinking out loud...