Microsoftscene.com Is now Mine

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
I just registered the domain microsoftscene.com :)

In 2006 I will launch it as a Microsoft websites obviously which will have news, reviews, updates, screenshots and various other things related to Microsoft and its products :)

I think its quite a good name :) Im surprised it wasnt taken.

What you think of it?

The Royal Ram

Comments

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I think I would buy it from you for $20, just to use it to show the world what a piece of $@%£; their OS is. ;)
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    lmao

Well Im not a fan or an enemy of microsoft so Im going to create the site as being neutral between liking or hating it... the users can give their opinions though ;)

The Royal Ram

• danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    ok so are you doing all your work on vista now?
    ban1.gif
    nope.. im not taking it that far ;)

Vista isnt stable yet... well it is but it is fairly buggy so Im going to stay away from it apart from just small things.

But the site itself wont just cover Vista... It will cover a variety of MS related topics... maybe even have tiny sections for other OS's.

Im in the process of creating a design for it now... almost finished in fact ;)

The Royal Ram

good im waiting to see it :)
    ban1.gif
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I can contribute some things related to their consoles and possibly their IDE's when it's up :/
    I own both Xbox consoles and have played about with a few microsoft IDE's.
    CBG, I am inclined to agree with you on some aspects such as security and Explorer (which is why I have Ubuntu and Firefox installed), but Microsoft does have some good features.
    Setting up my WiFi network, which should happily run under Linux using either Ndiswrapper or Wlan-ng like hell on Earth and despite Ubuntu identifying my Lexmark printer as an X series and saying it could use it, I still cannot print, scan or do anything else with it since it set up the wrong driver and I would need to download the correct one with Windows, copy it to my pen drive and then boot Ubuntu to install it.
    Windows has improved over the years (well, ME is the worst OS ever, but people who use that deserve the crashes) and I haven't had XP crash for me yet (Opera 8 forced me to reboot, but the OS was still usable without rebooting, but the menu's were a bit weird).
    If Microsoft put more effort into improving Explorer and the general interface of the OS, it might not be as bad as it is.
    Personally, I prefer Unbuntu's Gnome setup, then KDE and then Windows, but all are usable (I admit that I have XP skinned to look like a Mac since I cannot bear the dreadful default theames).
    I have said many times that if I could get my WiFi working under linux, I'd use it full time and code in Kylix, but I don't mind using windows for some things.
    Also, I'm pretty sure that the whole virus statistic thing is flawed.
    Windows has so many virii for it since it's the most commonly used OS.
    Linux is more common on servers and scientific setups and while it's true that it's harder to break into, it's not impervious to threats and since criminals are more likely to get hold of details such as bank details from windows, that's what they target more (since it's not built for security as much as linux, it's also a target for half assed script kiddies who zombify them to execute ddos attacks).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    AFAIC, Windows is just not worth bothering installing.
    When I got my iBook, february, I was on the internet in less than 15 minutes of unwrapping the box.
    Who can say that about their Windows-enabled-PC...?
    Actually, getting my network up was pretty simple.
    XP set up my WiFi kit with almost no input from me and I was online without much effort (when I used NTL:, I had problems with their crappy cable box having a dodjy internal modem, but BT's modem hasn't given me the same problems).
    This would probably have been quicker, but I'm using a USB Actiontec WiFi kit (which is supposed to be easy to set up under linux) rather than an internal WiFi network card.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Did you get online, within 15 mins of unwrapping it? ._.
    I can't remember...
  • CkillaCkilla Beginner Link Clerk
    Good Luck with it!
    liking the little coming soon thing you put up there :D

waiting to see the final result!!
    ban1.gif
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    I with out a doubt got my windows laptop, running in 15 minutes.

Maybe less.

Entered some info and enabled the wireless card.

DONE
    how did this topic go from microsoftscene.com to who can install their wireless network the fastest? this forum is special hahah
    ban1.gif
    lmao :D

Thanks for the comments on the temporary coming soon, lol

I do in fact have the design all sorted for the site...well almost... Just coding a custom CMS for it now ;) But Dev Dreams is coming first

The Royal Ram

danielneri wrote:
    how did this topic go from microsoftscene.com to who can install their wireless network the fastest? this forum is special hahah
    CBG: OS X user.
    Topic: Microsoft.
    Result: CBG ranting about how OS X is easier.

By the way, I had the WiFi networking kit before I got this PC, but I'm pretty sure that it was just a case of putting in the driver disc, letting XP load the drivers and such and getting it all talking together, so it was only about 15 minutes after I had set up the PC hardware (laptops are all in one units, desktops aren't).
    Linux, now that's a whole different ball game...
    I have been trying for 6 months on and off to get my WiFi working with SuSE, Ubuntu and Knoppix without any luck at all, despite the fact that it should work (I installed the drivers exactly as intructed, the card is listed as tested and working and I even used ndiswrapper to install windows drivers and it picks up that the USB dongle is plugged in, but it won't connect to anything).