Round Logo

I just finished doing a fairly simple logo for a client...

What do you think of it?

The Royal Ram

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    It's not bad...
    If you're planning on putting it on a light coloured background, the dark border around the main circle would be better in a lighter colour as it stands out too much IMHO.
    You should go read a couple of those "how to do a glass button" tutorials if you plan on going glass effects since the result you have there isn't very convincing.
    Glass effects are so simple to do in Fireworks and shouldn't be to difficult in photoshop (vector based editors are better than raster based editors for this kind of thing though, but as Adobe now own Macromedia, I wouln't be supprised if photoshop got decent vectoring tools in the future).
    Once you get to know how to do the glass effect, it's easy to make mac style buttons, jewel effects and all sorts of other useless cack (for example, I completely rebuilt the images and HTML from a part of apple.com from scratch but with better HTML code and a few enhancements).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i think it would look really good f you either made that "AR" 3d so it comes out a little bit or make it so it goes into the circle
    Another couple of things I noticed:
    1: Your lightsource is in the wrong place.
    If your arc is at the top, the lighter end of the gradient should be at the bottom.

2: The arc (which is used to simulate how light would reflect off of a translucent / transparent rounded object) has no visible area which fades into the main sphere, which can cause the effect to fail.
    This is usually achieved by having an all white gradient where one end is set to be completely transparent, thus creating a fading effect (if you r editor doesn't allow you to do this, you could try setting one end of the gradient to a similar colour to that which the points of the arc end on, thus simulating the effect).

3: Though it isn't always required, feathering the arc can also aid in creating a suitable effect as it takes the hard edge off of the arc which antialiasing won't prevent (feathering blurs the object from the center outwards so that as you move towards the edge of the object, the object blends into other objects more).

I have attached an image showing what I mean since some of this probably sounds kind of blah...
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Thanks for the comments - but one thing you have to remember - it took the whole of 10 minutes and I got paid for it. He was very happy with the result actually..

The Royal Ram

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Nice work, P.
    Just out of curiosity... How much did he pay?
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    haha good question cbg, tell us why not ye python?
    ban1.gif
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Thats a secret ;)

It wasnt exactly a real project. I met him at a forum and he was looking for a quick logo... So I emailed him and sorted it out :D

The Royal Ram

Nice work, P.
    Just out of curiosity... How much did he pay?
    I doubt it matters to python since it was so easy to do that anyone with a decent image editor could have done it.
    I don't usually go for that kind of glass effect though, I prefer one I adapted from the mac button effect I learned a while ago.