sifi.com

BeachieBeachie Moderator: Raging BenderLink Clerk
Hi :)

Just picked up sifi.com - overture with extension is 719 - it's getting around 750 unique type-ins per day, the majority looking for Science Fiction stuff. It was a sci fi related site for 8 years. I'd appreciate any thoughts on value or suggestions for development?
Gadget.com | Everybody.com | BulletinBoard.com | Stupidity.com | Aquatic.com | Cuddly.com | Blogs.org | Newcomers.com | Wealth.org

Comments

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Beachie wrote:
    Hi :)
    Just picked up sifi.com - overture with extension is 719 - it's getting around 750 unique type-ins per day, the majority looking for Science Fiction stuff. It was a sci fi related site for 8 years. I'd appreciate any thoughts on value or suggestions for development?

750 type ins/day!!!!!!!!!! :ohmygod:
    Beachie you've worked your magic again. I'd value it at 25k but don't sell it dude. I'd suggest you build a nich type of YouTube for the sci fi audiences with loads of extras like a sci fi store, etc. I'm one of the believers that these YouTube sites will be able to compete with the major TV networks for their audience.

Sifi.com will be taking on the SciFi TV network!!!
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    yeah, 750 type-ins a days is amazing... :) some average sites get that type of traffic per month from the search engines... i'm sure it's worth quite a bit... however, $25k is a little difficult to swallow... ;)

you say it was a sci-fi site for 8 years... i assume it has got many links that may fade away? maybe you should immediately start cranking up the site so that the visitors will have a reason to come back...
  • BeachieBeachie Moderator: Raging Bender Link Clerk
    Thanks for the opinions guys :)

I set up Google Αnalytics and it seems that it's all type-ins - very little referral traffic.

I'll develop it somehow, but I'll probably register another domain and point it there as the missing 'C' makes it look a little tacky.. I've registered sciphiles.com - not sure I'll go with that, but I like the play on words ('-phile' being "Someone who loves or has a strong affinity or preference for..: e.g. audiophile.)

Maybe.. :D
    Gadget.com | Everybody.com | BulletinBoard.com | Stupidity.com | Aquatic.com | Cuddly.com | Blogs.org | Newcomers.com | Wealth.org