Hello From Washington

JaredRitcheyJaredRitchey Moderator: Design TeamShared Hoster
Well this will be an interesting forum to be a part of. Looking forward to posting ideas, thoughts and tips. You have no idea how many times wouldbe new webmasters run into the brick wall. :banghead:

Forums like these are great.

~ Jared
signature? whats a signature?

Comments

• MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Hey Jared welcome to WMP :D

How many brickwalls have you ran into so far?
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Jared wrote:
    Well this will be an interesting forum to be a part of. Looking forward to posting ideas, thoughts and tips. You have no idea how many times wouldbe new webmasters run into the brick wall. :banghead:
    Forums like these are great.
    ~ Jared

Thanks for coming Jared! :thumbsup:
    Jared is far from any newbie Webmaster, he's an established and successful designer who specializes in the Real Estate Field.

I've used Jared for several projects and he has done an AMAZING job (can't reccommend him enough if your building a Real Estate site).
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh gotcha :D
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • JaredRitcheyJaredRitchey Moderator: Design Team Shared Hoster
    MGDesigns wrote:
    Hey Jared welcome to WMP :D

How many brickwalls have you ran into so far?

Hello MGDesigns;

Oh yes!

Want to hear a vicious one I recently ran into and I'm still trying to understand?

I can't figure out why a webmaster would not only ban his own clients from his forum but have the absolute insane idea of putting code in his clients websites that would CC him on every email from the clients web based contact forms. This makes no sense to me. There is no ethics in it.

Then take that one step further as this so called "Webmaster" saw fit to check his clients emails by literally accessing their accounts via Outlook "or the equivalent". That would not have been an issue for him and he would likely never have been caught had he remembered to set the email server to store messages on the server for a period of time. But as I understand it these guys were not even getting their spam, client emails, nothing all because this shady webmaster was checking their emails. :mad:

You want to know why that is a brick wall for me? I'll tell you. When I see what this fraud is charging for his services and getting away with in deception, lies and pure unrestricted fraud. I'm angered that I often have to work so cheaply that I'm nearly a stones throw from the government cheese program. That annoys me.

When I found out his IDX installs were upwards of $1,500 (4 times my average price) and his "so called" custom websites were $1,800, I stumbled to understand why,,,,, considering the code is so poorly written that a first year community college programming student would call it bad. Clearly written in Pakistan, buggy and packed with all kinds of unlogical code, I cant see why anyone would pay $20 for the code.

LOL, enough rambling though, that is my RECENT brick wall. :eek:

~Jared
    I hear ya! It's disgusting behaviour however its not all that uncommon on the Internet unfortunately. :(
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • JaredRitcheyJaredRitchey Moderator: Design Team Shared Hoster
    MGDesigns wrote:
    I hear ya! It's disgusting behaviour however its not all that uncommon on the Internet unfortunately. :(

Why is it I never seem to find that happening that often? I agree that its an all to common thing but I rarely hear about it. I do hosting for clients only and could care less about the content of their emails. Just seems strange to me that a host / webmaster would.

~ Jared
    I was more meaning un-ethical business practises, not just directed at hosts etc but at some licensing companies that shall remain un-named LOL
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery