Forum Improvements!

The Admins, Forum Leaders, Moderators & Staff take this forum seriously and are working hard to improve it.

We have added several Modifications to the Forum to make it even better:
1) vbPlaza: A Forum Money (points) and store system for vBulletin (Does a lot more than that as you'll soon see)
You will receive:
$3 for every new thread
$1 for every new post

In time, the team will come up with great ways you can spend your Forum Points (like Forum Gambling coming soon)

2)An Online Store:
There is a $1 usd one time fee for any regular members to add an item/service to the store. If interested, private message me with the details of what you'd like to add.

To reward you hardworking Forum Leaders Moderators, & Staff you can now add your own items and services to our online store for free. Simply go to the "Online Store" link to post your items.

3) Advanced Forum Statistics (these are a lot of fun):
Forum Statistics for:
-Latest Forum News
-Newest Members
-Top Posters
-Top Thread Starters
-Most Viewed Threads
-Top Reputations
-Latest Posts

Thank you to our WemasterPost Staff: WebFreak, for all his hardwork on this the last several days.

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Hmm...
    I'm not a big fan of the whole forum game money thing that some sites have, but that's often down to it being tied to pointless things such as forum based RPG's which never work as there's no real time interaction between users.

I do like the stats thing though as it allows users to see what's popular and who's likely to be the person to ask if you're having problems.

Personally, I'd have made the money system a bit like expertsexchange (written like that on purpose for old times sake :D :D) or some other sites like it where users can offer rewards for to people for helping them out with something or for answering questions.
    It would be difficult to do this with the current system in the same way, but it might be interesting to see if users will, in the future offer point donations in exchange for help from other users, which is basically what EE does (you offer a reward which bumps up the count for the user who helps you so that they can get more help or offer larger rewards).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Nuvo wrote: »
    Hmm...
    it might be interesting to see if users will, in the future offer point donations in exchange for help from other users

This is a great idea. If a member helps you with a question, I encourage you to donate at least 10 of your Forum Points to them.

Thanks Nuvo
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Oh I thought thats what donating points was for anyway? I know thats how we use Karma in TWI and WWWC :)
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    MGDesigns wrote: »
    Oh I thought thats what donating points was for anyway? I know thats how we use Karma in TWI and WWWC :)

I like how you gals do that Moddy, let's do the same and donate to those that help us.
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I think it encourages people to help more than they usually would :D
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery