Macromedia Fireworks..

Hello everyone,

Is thare any member who use to like fireworks. I think Macromedia Fireworks is great, flexible & user friendly. I highly recommend users to use this software for normal image editing as I use photoshop for complicated pictures only. What do you guys think of it?

I am currently using the Macromedia Fireworks 8 and its cool. Why don't you try once if yoy haven't tried it yet?

http://www.macromedia.com

Comments

• pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    I use FW just because I can' get Photoshop to even open anymore. Fireworks is great for simple image editing, but isn't nearly as powerful as PS.
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I used to use Fireworks MX, but I've stopped using Windows and don't have a Mac, so I'm now using Xara Xtreme because it's pretty good and doesn't cost me anything.
    The only things I miss are things like the inner shadow tool because although Xara has shadowing, it dosn't do inner shadows or glows.
    On the plus side, Xara allows me to do advances vector imaging as it supports transparency independent of the fill, insane zooming and vector feathering as well as having stuff like live gradient updating before anything Adobe put out.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • lionsgatelionsgate Member NAT Warrior
    Nuvo wrote: »
    I used to use Fireworks MX, but I've stopped using Windows and don't have a Mac, so I'm now using Xara Xtreme because it's pretty good and doesn't cost me anything.
    The only things I miss are things like the inner shadow tool because although Xara has shadowing, it dosn't do inner shadows or glows.
    On the plus side, Xara allows me to do advances vector imaging as it supports transparency independent of the fill, insane zooming and vector feathering as well as having stuff like live gradient updating before anything Adobe put out.
    I had never heard of Xara Xtreme. Once i heard of Xara3D is that the one you are talking about. If its not then I haven't tried it. Can you prvide us the link/url.