How?

pipstapipsta BeginnerLink Clerk
Hi,

How much unique visitors does my site need to have before the pagerank goes up?

thanks
Thanked by [1] : DeluxeNames

Comments

• danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Well a lot of the time your pagerank is not determined only by how many unique visitors your site gets.
    How is PageRank determined?
    PageRank is basically determined by backlinks. A backlink is when another page links to your page. For every page that links to you, that page is "voting" for you. The more votes you get, the better your PageRank will be.

However, it gets more complicated than that because some votes weigh more heavily than others. The weight of the vote is determined by the PageRank of the page linking to you. This means that a couple links from pages with high PR may be more beneficial than hundreds of links from pages with low PR. But it gets even more complicated - each page can only transfer so much PageRank. This means that a PR 7 page could actually give out as much weight per vote as a PR 3 page if it had too many outgoing links.

Google also uses factors totally irrelevant to backlinks to determine PageRank. An example of this is how long your domain has been registered for. It would be good to look into these factors if you want to maximize your potential PageRank, but quality backlinks are still more effective.

Source: http://www.prchecker.net/articles/pagerankexplained.php

Read up on it. Some interesting stuff. My site receives 150 plus uniques every day and apparently my pagerank is predicted to go down :p
    Thanked by [1] : DeluxeNames
    ban1.gif
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    its based on backlinks more than anything.
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    danielneri wrote: »
    Well a lot of the time your pagerank is not determined only by how many unique visitors your site gets.

Source: http://www.prchecker.net/articles/pagerankexplained.php

Read up on it. Some interesting stuff. My site receives 150 plus uniques every day and apparently my pagerank is predicted to go down :p
    Agreed! A very good answer Daniel but I guess that's why they made you a VIP :p
  • crud3w4recrud3w4re Beginner Link Clerk
    I learned that PR doesn't mean ALOT. I had a PR 0 earn me more on SEDO than a PR 3 ever did!
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    crud3w4re wrote: »
    I learned that PR doesn't mean ALOT. I had a PR 0 earn me more on SEDO than a PR 3 ever did!
    But if your selling text links, it's nice to have a high PR :o
  • chiragchirag Member NAT Warrior
    Thnx Daneil.:)
  • CapepoinoCapepoino Beginner Link Clerk
    edited February 2022
    I believe that Google Pagerank will soon be a thing of the past. I see that they are phasing it out so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.