Getting your forum started

PapworthPapworth Junior MemberShared Hoster
Those of you that have started forums from scratch, will know that the first challenge is to get them first few active members. So how do you go about acheiving them?

Do you go with paid posters, or get your friends to help you out by creating a few usernames and making a post or two? Also, do you go straight into paid advertising, or is your first step to submit your forum to search engines and directories?

Comments

• pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    I first start of with PostFusion http://adminfusion.com you'll see the post fusion link up top. Its basically a post exchange, works wonders.

Then I start submitting to del.icio.us, stumble upon, and now http://forumfads.com (shameless plug). Then I'll get a paid posting package at about the same time.
    Thanked by [1] : AlphaRacks
  • BursteffectBursteffect Beginner Link Clerk
    I just advertise at larger forums :D.
    It always helps, but you need to be a respected members to get large amounts of users in a short amount of time.
  • DMo224DMo224 WP V.I.P. NAT Warrior
    Papworth wrote: »
    Those of you that have started forums from scratch, will know that the first challenge is to get them first few active members. So how do you go about acheiving them?

From having help start several successful forums, I think the first step is to spread the word about the new forum via "word of mouth". In other words, you do some of the following:
    • You tell your friends.
    • You put the link in your email sig.
    • You visit other sites and list the url in your sig (do NOT spam).
    • Visit sites and leave comments in their guestbook. Really look their site over, and make sure to put your url in the appropriate field.
    • Try some traffic exchanges to get some hits and potential members.
    Generally speaking, we've never paid for posters to make the site look busy. The forum has to start somewhere and most people will recognize that. Make sure the forum is optimized for the spiders and slurpers!

Good luck with your endeavor!
    Thanked by [1] : AlphaRacks
  • crud3w4recrud3w4re Beginner Link Clerk
    Papworth wrote: »

Do you go with paid posters, or get your friends to help you out by creating a few usernames and making a post or two? Also, do you go straight into paid advertising, or is your first step to submit your forum to search engines and directories?

I don't pay anyone to post, the majority will just milk you dry. I like to get alot of opinions, then I write them all down, and I try to make my forum better each and every day.

The next thing I do is market it, mostly free directory advertising, but also word of mouth. Optimizing your ads is important, because the money you do make from it can be reinvested back into the forum. I do go for some paid advertisements, link exchanges, that sort of that, but not before researching first.
  • A mermaid gown is a silhouette that is fitted through the bodice and the hips, and then flares out in to a fuller skirt at the knee. Mermaid gowns are usually made of fabrics that can hold their shape, such as satin, lace, or tulle, to emphasis the signature flared hem. It is a style that is made for a bride who wishes to make a dramatic grand entrance.

Pearl Jewelry Pearl wedding jewelry is a popular choice because pearl jewelry is timeless and elegant. Pearl necklaces and earrings of the range models with traditional to very contemporary with everything else. Beads make a wonderful gift for bridesmaids and can be transmitted by the family for generations.

Formality-A ****tail dress usually means what they wear to a ****tail party. Drinks and appetizers are usually served there. Moreover, guests have freedom to select the skirt length since a ****tail party is less formal than most events. An evening dresses or formal dresses are what they wear to special occasions such as formal weddings, balls, charity events, etc. Choosing what to wear depends on the event formality. In case you wear a dress in a formal event, you might not be thought as a cultivated woman as formal events need proper solemnities.

Other stylish 2012 prom dress designs would be the floor length mermaid, Grecian and column silhouettes. The mermaid is tight on top and by the hips, and then it flares out on the knees. The main part belonging to the column or sheath dress is the slim silhouette that is cut close to the body. It often has a high slit to provide ease of movement. The mermaid and column designs emphasize the curves, while the Grecian design lightly skims the body. It's an empire waist along with a long, loose skirt that floats away from the body. Some styles also possess a slight back train.

In addition to the method of marriage preparation, list names of guests, invitations, wedding cake, wedding rings, etc., another essential aspect is to be thought about and be prepared carefully. Plenty of brides tend to treat mermaid wedding gowns for the sizable day, and it demands the ideal figure and confidence.

When a prom is on the way, you may spend plenty of time looking for an ideal prom dress ahead of time. To start with, you ought to think about which style of dress will fit you perfectly such as length. The following content will tell you some tips about how to select the length of the dress which you can take as your reference.

Where to find brilliant tea length wedding dresses at cheap prices? Reputable web stores are great places to get the best deals. Keep in mind to do some research before making your final decision in order not to get scammed. In addition, make positive to select a style that not only compliments your body type but feels comfortable as well. Wish you an ideal wedding!
  • Mermaid bridal gowns will always be glamorous & elegant. They are most often present in fabrics, such as the aforementioned satin, that are appropriate for more formal weddings. Sometimes you will also see them done in delicate laces that will tone down the drama of a mermaid to make it more wearable for less fancy events. The tight bodice & hips of the mermaid shape are reminiscent of the glamorous gowns of the 1950s & early 60s, when females loved to show off their curvaceous figures.

Chinese oil paintings since the beginning of the fall, and "realism" and "realist painting" has a natural link, or from a certain sense, the beginning of the period of Chinese oil paintings is the "realist painting." Chinese oil painting in the way of development, "realism" and "realist painting" has always been associated with it.

How can they tell the difference between ****tail dresses & evening dresses? When it comes to a ****tail party, the most popular vision is nothing but a hot girl in a sexy dress with nice legs. It rocks, doesn't it? While we are speaking about an evening or formal event, it is another story. The invitation tells "A Black Tie Party" which means they must wear formal dresses. The following tips may help you pick what to wear one time you are invited.

When the prom can still be several months away, now it is lovely chance to start hunting for new & fashion 2012 prom dresses. You desire to get your dress early, before all lovely clothes are selected by other people. It is also clever to enable lots of time for any needed alterations that will make the dress fit perfectly. Whether this is heading to be your preliminary prom or your final prom before graduating, you will need a show-stopping dress. The main considerations that generate a gown matchless would be the silhouette, neckline, hemline, color, material & embellishments.

As the name suggests, the mermaid wedding gown has similarities with forms of the siren. So, the mermaid tails are seen in this type. The dress has of plenty of features to increase the knee or slightly below or above the knee together. It can basically be seen as a modified version. Petite ladies appear much higher than the dress of the situation, all the attention on the general appearance & kind of his superb extract.

Short. The short dresses are comfortable to wear compared with the long dresses. What is more, the largest advantage is that it is convenient for you to move, and your pretty and slim legs are shown out. Of work, the short dresses also include tea length, knee length, which appears more elegant and is a ideal option for bridesmaid dresses as well as the ****tail length below the knee. In a general way, they are suitable for anyone.

More and more brides opt for tea length wedding dresses for lovely reasons. Initially, they are simple to maintain as they do not touch the floor. There is no need for you to worry about dirty hems. For brides who are planning to getting married at the beach, in the garden, or in other outdoor areas, this type of gown is the ideal choice as it not only lets them walk freely but also makes the whole mood of the marriage more relaxed and fun.