What Kind of MP3 Player Do You Use?

So all my friends have Ipods and I'm feeling vastly outnumbered with my love of my Creative Zen Micro (hey, it's got radio too!)

Anyway, I posted this poll to ask what type of MP3 player do you listen to?

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Poll edited, 'Other' and 'None' added.
    Currently, I have a tiny little Samsung Yepp which has very little memory, but which is quite powerful in other respects and which can go for ages on a single AAA battery despite having a screen.
    I also have a clone of a Creative MuVo, which is almost the same, but all the buttons are on one side rather than being split on to two.

I thought about buying a Creative Zen Vision: M to get more space, but didn't as honestly, I don't cart that much music around with me.

I used to use my Sony Ericsson W800i walkman phone for music, but I got rid of that phone and my current one doesn't have a lot of memory and I don't think it's expandable, but i didn't plan on having this phone long anyway as I dislike Nokia's and it's an ugly and bulky slider phone (not like the LG or Samsung one's which look good... I wanted an LG U400, but the shop near me didn't have any and was charging stupid prices for them).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Thanks for the none Nuvo

Lurk
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Nuvo wrote: »
    Poll edited, 'Other' and 'None' added.
    Currently, I have a tiny little Samsung Yepp

Thanks for fixing the Poll, I forgot the "none" and "other" :)

It sounds like your Samsung Yepp is all you need anyway.

I won't be buying any more MP3 players either until they essentiall become mini personal computers. Then I'm all over that :D
    Ah now there's the day I look forward too!

Little handhelds which are everything, a computer(top spec), a mobile phone, a tv, games console(even though to be honest the last two at least are part of a top spec computer)

So how long till Trekkers get their long awaited Tricorders? :D
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Well, if you had asked a few weeks ago, I would have answered: Black iPod Nano.
    Now, however, I answer: Red iPod Nano, since I had a slight... problem... with the black 1st gen nano: http://www.cannonballguy.com/?p=21
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    So that's why the new Nano uses an all aluminium case like the Mini :D
    I never thought I'd see the day when someone bent one... I've heard of people scratching, cracking or all out exploding iPods, but not bending them (you'd think some of the plastic would crack or shatter, but apparently not).

Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to go try this bending business on other electronics :P
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i have an archos jukebox although may be getting an ipod nano soon - i tend to usually go against the big thing out though and would rather gt something just as good but ?50 cheaper from a different retailer - we shall see whats out soon
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    Still using my old-skool iPod-mini 4GB (blue)...

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]

• WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    i dont really know what it is.

but it's a 512 mb one, and the sound quality is nice.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
    Nuvo wrote: »
    Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to go try this bending business on other electronics :P

You going to become the Uri Geller of the electronics world Nuvo?lmao
  • ConstanceConstance Junior Member Shared Hoster
    None but I want one so BAD!!!
  • fiona2412fiona2412 Member NAT Warrior
    I have the new ipod nano, well not yet lol but I will have on xmas day, it's wrapped up and hidden away ready :)

I looked at most of the other options, but I prefered the ipod, maybe because I got it in metallic pink and got it inscribed for free. It's also nice and small, so will fit in my pocket when I start using the gym in the new year.

Hugs
    Fiona
    xoxo
    "I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • NitishNitish Beginner Link Clerk
    IPOD rulz.............
  • lionsgatelionsgate Member NAT Warrior
    I sue Apple iPod Nano.. for long time. Its 4GB. And it is still so cute as it was when new. I love it.
  • rebelagentrebelagent Junior Member Shared Hoster
    LOL I hate the IPOD everything about it is bleh. Ok first off! Battery..wears down after about a year you have to send it in to Apple for a new one unless you know how to do it yourself and buy one old broken one from ebay.. Another thing not compatible if you don't have the chord. Oh yeah and if it breaks there's no fiddling with it to make it try and work..you're just F*ked period. lol. Regular mp3s can plug in via a USB port. They can store files, record memos, Flash pretty colors, Some play games just like the IPOD, you can buy rechargeables for fair prices, and if it breaks you can fiddle with it to me it work.
  • Sparkydude31809Sparkydude31809 Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I dont use a Mp3 player...I use a Mp4 player...that can play mp3s :-)
    "I come as a right hand, an agent of God, to carry out his judgement"

:hello:
  • omoiomoi Junior Member Shared Hoster
    xPureNLx wrote: »
    Still using my old-skool iPod-mini 4GB (blue)...

- xPureNLx

I've got a 4GB one, too. but mine's in pink and it's majorly scratched up. the battery's half dead, too. i'm in hopes of getting a newer iPod sometime soon
    Chou: butterfly...
    omoi: thought; mind; heart; feelings; emotion; sentiment; love; affection; desire; wish; hope; expectation; imagination; experience...
    chou omoi
    butterflyspirit
    True, my battery is dead too, it just plays for about 2/3 hours, than it's empty... Sometimes it doesn't play at all...

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg

I was surfing around the internet (because it costs about a $100 to replace a battery through apple) for a solution to the battery problem and found one:
    http://help.cnet.com/ipod_mini/9602-12576_39-0.html?messageID=2505110&tag=tip-2505110&kw=ipod+mini
    omoi: thought; mind; heart; feelings; emotion; sentiment; love; affection; desire; wish; hope; expectation; imagination; experience...
    chou omoi
    butterflyspirit
    Great,thanks for your help =)...

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg

• Roo27Roo27 Beginner Link Clerk
    I have just a plain mp3 that can last for ages =]
    I like the iPod
    But when I wanted an iPod I was told the Creative Zen was much better, and they're right
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Roo27 wrote: »
    I have just a plain mp3 that can last for ages =]
    I like the iPod
    But when I wanted an iPod I was told the Creative Zen was much better, and they're right

I agree with you there Roo, though I may be biased toward Creative.
  • GOBGOB Beginer NAT Warrior
    I use an ipod, and then two months after I got it they came out with the video one. Oh well.
  • crud3w4recrud3w4re Beginner Link Clerk
    ipod Nano ;)
    For Christmas I just received a new iPod so I'm giving my mini away to a cousin of mine. But then again...it's soo small, I've already grown attached to it in the three years I've had it. I looked at the Creative ZEN but I was so used to Apple that even though it looked awesome I just had to go with the 80GB iPod (I'm so scared that they'll come out with something new right after I buy this though lol)
    chou omoi
    butterflyspirit
  • jessithajessitha Beginner Link Clerk
    I am using iPod.
  • u5s5sefu5s5sef Link Clerk

will I usually use vlc. but sometimes I use windows 10 media payer